"Why are you doing that... for me?"

"Because I love you."

Gabriel answered without hesitation.

"Since Eve left, my life has lost its light. I know I'm saying this too late but... I love you, Eve."

"...."

For a moment, I could not say anything. I could not move as if my body was frozen.

It was because fear took precedence over extravagant emotions such as surprise or embarrassment. It could not be like this. If I do not know about Gabriel Vecchio, it means that he is a character who has never appeared in the novel.

"No, that's absurd."

I shook my head as hard as I could.

"You haven't known me for a long time..."

"When does love come from knowing each other for a long time?"

Gabriel grabbed my hand as he continued.

"Look at me, Eve. Do you feel that I am lying?"

The scariest thing was the fact that it never felt that way. Gabriel's desperate voice and mournful eyes were the kind I knew well...

Things I've seen a lot from Cassius Brudenell.

I hurriedly pulled my hand away from him.

"Please, stop it."

"I'm sorry."

Gabriel apologized quickly.

"I was too hasty. However, please know this one thing. I'm the only one who can get you out of this situation."

Once the fear subsided, all that remained was a sense of guilt.

About my own actions?

No way.

I was not responsible for anything that happened in this world. In the meantime, no matter how hard I tried and struggled, everything went the way the world wanted.
​​
What I felt guilty about was the fate of this young man.

Gabriel, who has just become an adult, would die at the hands of Cassius because of jealousy, which was not even funny.

"...Do you think Lord Cassius will stand still?"

Cassius will follow me to the ends of hell.

Of course, I do not know, although Gabriel's ending will not be pretty. His answer was firm, although I would not have known about it if he had done a background check on Cassius before.

"He won't stand still, but it doesn't matter."

He clasped my hand carefully again.

Though Gabriel touched me without my permission, I did not hate it. Unlike Cassius, his movements were delicate and thoughtful.

However, at his following words, I wanted to scream.

"You don't know too much about him. Of course, you must not know because he has been hiding his true self from you all this time."

He said Cassius hid his true self...?

I knew more about Cassius Brudenell than anyone in the world. Because I knew what would have happened if I had not struggled to survive after being possessed here!

"So, come with me. Didn't you want to leave, anyway? Isn't that why we met on the ship?"

Right.

Gabriel was right. Nevertheless, the problem was that this guy did not know who Cassius Brudenell really was.