Nicknames

Everyone's been talking about the upcoming festival which just so happens to be today. I suppose you could say it's been the talk of the town.

I've never really payed that much attention to them to tell the truth. Mostly, because I've never had anyone to go with and I'm pretty sure it's one of those things better experienced with others.

Although, I have passed through them briefly in the past. Just to get a feel of the festivities and grab a few sweets, catching the fireworks show on my way out.

It appears to be a big thing among the girls especially, gossiping and preparing for the event. Bringing mountains of magazines to the cafe to search through for gorgeous kimono's, stunning makeup designs and extravagant hair styles.

Others sharing every detail of how they were asked to the event by their significant other, squealing and fangirling.

I envy them a little, it seems like a lot of fun. Creating the perfect outfit and all the hype for a single night.

I sigh, rounding up leftovers on to a single plate before collecting the dishes from the table. Catching a glimpse of my bandaged finger, a little reminder of Draken.

I shake my head, attempting to rid my silly blush.

What am I thinking?

Ever since the other day I can't help myself from smiling or blushing like a teenager inlove at the thought of him. I don't know why, I mean it was really nice of him to carry me home and treat my wounds, but is it seriously that big of a deal. I've treated his wounds previously.

I'm just glad I've got the situation together when I'm around him, otherwise that'd be embarrassing.

He seemed really concerned for me the other day and I feel stupid to say that he looked genuine.

I feel like I can really trust him and that scares me.

Passing through the kitchen to drop off the dirty dishes, I continue through to the manager's office. She messaged me last night saying she had something really important to discuss with me.

I will admit, her message has definitely added to my stresses. Alighting my stomach with nervous butterflies as I rap my knuckles against the oak door, swallowing awkwardly as I stare down at my feet anxiously. My heart jumping around like a child with a bag of sweets.

"Come in," the raspy voice of my manager breaks through the door between us, making me flinch in surprise. Taking a slow, deep breath I reach for the handle with moist palms, my grasp leaving a fog over the golden door knob as I enter the room.

"Uhh, you wanted to see me?" I question, closing the door behind me.

"Yes, I can see you are already worried and I wish I could ease your concerns," she begins, a cruel lump surges up from the center of my chest.

"Unfortunately, the news I am about to share with you isn't that alike to good," her frown deepens, the creases in between her furrowed brows growing deeper and darker.

"Wh-what is it?" I worry, taking a seat and leaning in to make sure I don't miss any information.

"Prices have been increasing over the past year and we can't afford to keep our doors open any longer. The cafe is going to be closed down," her gaze drops to her hands, a sadness like no other in her croaky voice. "I'm so sorry, I don't know what you are going to do now. How are you going to survive without a job, it will be near impossible for you to find one without any identification," her shoulders shake, her aged face hidden behind her disheveled grey bun of hair.