Different

Warm hues of pink and orange blend beautifully into the soft Sunkist horizon. A gentle breeze brushing against my cheek, filtering the sweet jasmine scent of hydrangea's through my nostrils. I sigh in content at the wondrous evening falling upon the city.

The streets bare, with everyone still not finished for the day. Only one other living figure on the street besides myself being a small ginger cat, licking its paw on the sidewalk.

A few grocery bags occupy my hands from my quick trip to the store.

Thankfully completing me weekly food shop at a reasonable price due to sales.

The feline flees before I get a chance to stroll past it, clearly not impressed by my presence as it bolts across the road and out of my sight.

I hum a soft tune as I round the corner to my apartment complex, my song getting caught in my esophagus at the sight of a familiar person.

Their motorbike parked peacefully on the edge of the road, the one and only Draken sitting casually on the curb below. I honestly shouldn't be surprised at this point. I see this boy everywhere I go as of recent. He turns his gaze away from his phone and over in my direction, making me feel awkward as if I got caught doing something wrong.

I shake off the feeling and turn away heading for the stairs to my apartment. His speedy steps following close behind me, taking the weight from my droopy arms allowing them to spring back up like a slinky. I look over at the taller male, noticing my shopping bags now in his grasp. He ignores my stare, sweeping past me indifferently.

"Just what do you think you're doing?" I question, running to the top of the stairs to block his path.

"Carrying your baggage," he declares pushing past me with ease yet again, frustrating me.

"I didn't ask for your help! Besides you don't even know which unit is mine," I point out as he halts halfway up the next flight of stairs. "And I don't want you knowing," I add, walking up behind him and reaching out for my bags.

He swiftly climbs a few extra steps my hand skimming over his own as he moves out of reach, smirking down at my irritated look. Releasing an aggravated huff I jog up the steps extending my arms as he moves away once more. He lifts the bags up in the air in a taunting manner, only building to my vexation as I jump in attempt to take back my goods. He snickers, enjoying my struggles as my face grows red in annoyance.

"Why are you being such a douche?" I whine turning my back to him, showing him I have had enough of his stupid games.

I sense movement behind me, but ignore it waiting for a reply. An arm suddenly wraps around my waist from behind pulling me backwards against a hard surface. "Because I love your cute reactions," his hot breath glides across my reddening ear as he chuckles against the nook of my neck. My eyes bulging out of their sockets in utter disbelief.

His voice vibrating down my shoulder and his arm tightening ever so slightly around my waist.

I drop my gaze in embarrassment, my hair acting as a mask to hide me. I notice small red scratches and cracks over his rough knuckles, instantly making me forget our current position. Carefully I remove his hand from my hip bone for a closer inspection.

"Did you get into a fight or something?" I ask curiously turning to face him with a worried gaze, his hand still in mine.

"Yeah, but I'm fine," he replies, shaking his hand from mine. He steps away from my touch, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly averting his eyes away.

I examine his side profile, a smudge of blue resting beneath his slightly swollen eye contrasting terribly against his ivory skin. I shake my head like a disappointed mother. "Come on," I yank his arm, pulling him up another flight of stairs and into the direction of my home. I sense a change in the males demeanor and turn to find an amused smirk stretching over his usually stoic face.