Classes And Colleagues

A door off to the side opens and a grumbling Alistair <mad-eye> Moody hobbles his way down the few stairs, his magic eye rapidly scanning the room.
He walks up to Avery "Ah, you must be the assistant Albus told me about" Moody offers a hand in greeting and Avery gives it a firm shake "Yes. My name is Avery Roseland, it's nice to meet you"
He grunts "Call me Alistair" Moody states as he turns away from her and heads toward his the desk at the front of the room.
Avery sets her bag at a student desk near Moody's that is facing the rest of the rest of its kind and watches as he takes a swig of something from his flask.
Avery takes note of his actions for a later date and steps around to the chalk board to write [Moody], then just under it she writes [Roseland].
Humming, she turns around to address Moody "What do you think?" He glances up from a file on the desk he was reading.
"Looks good. Would you grab that jar and stick it on that shelf over there?" She nods her head and places said item on the appointed shelf with the numerous others that are full of unknown substances and small insects.
Avery scrunches up her nose in mock disgust before moving a couple of jars around and nodding in playfully pretend satisfaction.
She then turns around, only to note that there isn't much else to do.
"We have second years today, right? What's the lesson plan?" Moody sits at his desk, looking around boredly "lecture on how to counter certain hexes, my notes are here if you want to look through 'em"
He gestures to a bound book in front of him and Avery does so, finishing just as the first round of students file into the room.
Thus begins her year as Moody's assistant.
A couple days pass, Avery keeping tabs with the trio and teaching alongside Moody.
She didn't mind the slightly darker than average topics for the older years, until they got to one particular class of fourth years that included Harry Potter.
Of course Moody had given Avery a warning on the scene he wanted to act out in front of the class.
He told her to stand somewhere with a notice-me-not spell cast on herself if she wanted to watch as apposed to standing in the office or out in the hall.
Avery became a bit weary though, when he had stormed the room as if he were a completely different person to the man she had spoke to not an hour earlier.
Moody said they'd be talking about curses yes but he failed to inform Avery that he'd be preforming them in front of a room full of fourteen year olds.
Avery dropped her cover when Moody had held the cruciatus on the spider too long "ALISTAIR RELEASE IT AT ONCE" he shook from his trance and cleared his throat.
"Right, yes um" he looked at her, then back at the spider and cast a quiet Avada kedavra putting the poor creature out of its misery.
"We will be talking about this after the lesson" Avery snarled at Moody as she laid a hand on Neville's shoulder "you can go back to your seat hun but stay in after class. We need to speak with you alright?"
Neville nods his head absently as he moves back towards his seat "Right then! Moving on to theory" and Moody starts teaching again while Avery watches from her position leaned back against the left wall.
During the rest of the lesson, Avery listens to Moody lecture whilst eyeing every student in the room for any signs of a breakdown.
Her gaze catches on Harry a few times, where she'd think things akin to 'He didn't react at all, I wonder if that's a bad thing' then she would go back to looking around the room.
The end of the period came, Neville got some comfort in speaking with Avery and Moody even gave him a book on uncommon plants.
Avery cornered Moody in his office after Neville left and basically swore him out for his earlier performance.
No matter who you are, you should never mess with the kids a Weasley woman is in charge of caring for, whether it be physically or mentally. They show no mercy and poor Alistair just figured that out.