014 | happy fourth of july

Start from the beginning

"no," she shook her head at him, opening her eyes as she looked at him with a small smile on her lips. "I'm okay here.."

"are you tired?"

"mhm kinda.."

"are you sure you don't want to go home?" he repeated, pushing her hair away from her face for her.

"I'm feeling fine at the moment so it's fine," she replied, lifting her head up for a few seconds and adjusting her arms slightly.

"well then do you want to come sit over there with everyone?" he asked. "you can sleep on me instead, I'm sure your arms aren't very comfortable to lay on all day."

"okay.."

"Come on then," he smiled as he stood up and watched his girlfriend sit up, then reaching his hands out for her's and helping her up. Seeing her close her eyes, he knew right away she was feeling dizzy so he kept ahold of one hand as he quickly crouched back down and grabbed her drink bottle. "Have some water, gorgeous."

"thank you.." Adalyn let out a small breath as she opened her eyes back up before grabbing the drink bottle from him while he kept ahold of the lid.

"Have you almost finished all your water?" he asked, noticing her almost instantly seeming refreshed from the cold drink. "Need to fill it up again yet?"

"mh.." she softly hummed as she tried to look inside before shaking the bottle. "yea."

"Okay, let's go fill that up as well.." he grabbed the bottle back from her, pulling her into a small hug and placing a kiss on her lips. "I love you."

"You're kinda wet.. I like it though, it's like comforting.." she pulled out of the hug and then letting out a soft giggle as she added; "and I am too.. elsewhere.. and not from the water.."

"Oh shut up," he shook his head while grabbing her towel and bag off the sand, and then her hand before they walked over to the rest of the group.

Laying her towel back down beside his, Adalyn sat down while Jack grabbed a bottle of water and the small baggie of ice cubes they brought from the cooler, then sitting down beside her. Opening up the girl's drink bottle properly and filling it up with ice and water.

"I was wondering why there was a bag of ice in there," Angie said, watching the boy throw the bag still with some ice cubes left back into the cooler. "Why not just use the ice that's in there to keep the drinks cold?"

"She doesn't trust you guys," Jack joked.

"I don't want sand in my water.." Adalyn awkwardly added.

"I doubt there's sand in there.." she replied. "Maybe like a few drops of alcohol from people opening drinks over it at most."

"It's fine," the boy brushed it off.

"It's so cute just watching Jack make your drink for you," Molly mentioned with a small smile as she looked at the couple, moving over slightly for her own boyfriend.

"She's like a child.. if I don't do it, she won't do it herself," Jack laughed. "It's like making food as well.. if I don't start, she won't eat-"

"shut up. that's not true," Adalyn quickly interrupted him. "I make us dinner like every night."

"Once I ask if you want to eat dinner," he added.

"How you gonna look after the baby if you can't look after yourself?" Chad joked.

"Are you pregnant?!" Angie received a small, hesitant nod from Adalyn. "That makes sense on why you aren't drinking."

"Wait Angie, don't tell Syd," Jack quickly turned his attention to the girl. "We haven't told our families yet so just don't mention it unless she does then I guess.. you can discuss your opinions."

"I'm going back to sleep.." Adalyn mumbled to her boyfriend as she adjusted her position and laid her head down on his lap.

"No more naps, we're fixing our sleep schedule this week," he shook his head, gently running his hand over her hair.

"no."

"whatever," he shook her head with a smile as he turned back to his friends to join into the conversation they had broken off to.

———————

Liked by JackAveryMusic and others

AdalynBarlow avery told me not to wear a black today but it's perfectly fine if he does??

view all comments

JackAveryMusic ohh hush you look pretty in the dress
| AdalynBarlow @jackaverymusic OhH
HuSh

User059 HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!

User848 All the photos of y'all kissing! We're being spoiled

ValentinaHayes cuties!!

User322 ew

StephanieMaine do you not know what the 4th of july is either🤨
| AdalynBarlow @stephinemaine stop i've
already been bullied for it enough today
     | StephanieMaine @adalynbarlow i'm
        starting to question if you're really
        american
     | AdalynBarlow @stepbainemaine i
        SAID STOP. I AM AMERICAN
     | AdalynBarlow @stephinemaine i'll
        show you my passport next time i see you
        to prove it

JackalynUpdates YOU TWO ARE SO CUTE

User0245 "avery" 🥹

User97 jealousss

july 4

[ ₊✧ 💋 ∘* ☁️ ⋆ 🍒 ༉˚ ]

A/N

i'm no longer chapters ahead so you're
getting these as i write them now👍