𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟑 : ℍ𝕆𝕄𝔼 𝕊𝕎𝔼𝔼𝕋 ℍ𝕆𝕄𝔼

Start from the beginning

“ Kotei ! Don't disturb grandpa !” He furiously went up to smack his sister who cowered under Kazuyo’s arm and the latter put a protective arm around her.

“ Let her. I want her near.” He smiled weakly and Kageyama huffed before sitting down on the chair beside the bed.“ Where's Miwa ?”

“ She's on her way here.”

“ That's good to hear.” He added as an afterthought,“ I hope I get to see her before I leave.”

“.....”

Kageyama sat there, all still, feeling his limbs growing cold and numb. He hesitated. He had so many things to say but it's like he was too scared to speak. He was afraid that he'd say something but not get a response. So, he didn't dare move from his place and waited patiently for Miwa to arrive.

“ Tobio ?”

“ Mhm ?”

“ Is everything okay at school ? You're getting along with the others well, right ?”

“ Hm.” He hummed. It's not entirely true. While most of the people wanted to befriend him and many looked up to him, considering him as a true friend, he's not sure whether ‘friend’ is the right term to use there. His team was good to go. Only problem was they made a lot of mistakes and at times he got the feeling of hostility from them.

“ Can I get a loud and proper answer ?”

“ ......yes.”

“ You really are honest, aren't you, Tobio ?”

Kageyama looked up, startled when the machine beeped loudly and he got up in a haphazard manner. The chair fell back and he immediately rushed to press the button on the opposite side.
Still in a trance he picked up the chair, his limbs feeling heavier than usual and he sat back on it in a daze.

“ Jiji ?” Kotei was not pleased when Kazuyo put down his hand from her head. She caught hold of his wrinkled but smooth palm and kept it back on her head, nuzzling against it. But she didn't receive the usual warmth they generally gave off. His arm grew limp and it dropped back on the covers.“Jiji ? Jiji ?” She shook him but there was no response.

The door opened with a slam and Miwa came in. She stared at her brother blankly who looked back at her equally perplexed.

“ Was I late ?” She asked breathless and a defeated sigh left her lips when her gaze landed on the machine.
Kageyama nodded silently.

“ Jiji ? Jiji ! Jiji !” Kotei went on alert when her grandpa didn't move and she was pretty disappointed at the lack of response. He has never been a heavy sleeper. So why was he not waking up ?

“ Come here, Ko-chan,” Miwa stepped beside them to pick up Kotei in her arms as soon as the medics stepped in. The doctor was there but it didn't take a genius to tell that it was over.

The person has happily traversed into the afterlife.

They had showed no emotion whatsoever that day. They had already accepted the fact that their grandfather was no more. Except Kotei, who had no idea what was going on. Tobio didn't feel like eating that day but was forcefully fed by Miwa who said he'd die if he didn't eat one more day.

When Kazuyo’s body was being taken away, many visitors dropped by. Yes, their parents were there too but they made no conversation. Miwa was angry at their presence but Tobio calmed her down. Their mother looked very sad and guilty but realised it would only grow worse if she proceeded to talk to them.