A Symbol Of Friendship

Start from the beginning

Alabaster looked around, and opened the curtains, and sat there letting the moonlight cast a glow on the inside of the treehouse.

There were dusty books lying there, and a couple drawings hammered to the wall, there were collections of rocks, old leaves, and sticks lying there. There was also a thick book in one corner.

Alabaster sighed, sitting there trying to see if anything looked familiar. He couldn't look at the books, it wouldn't help at all. He looked at the drawings on the wall. Some were flowers, some were castles. Hogwarts, maybe? Maybe the person who was in here before was a wizard? There were drawings of different types of plants, and stick figures. Definitely made by a child. Though there was one drawing that was a sketch of a yellow looking flower beside a plant that looked fluffy on the top.

Alabaster remembered seeing those plants outside his window, and he always found them interesting, but he couldn't recall the name. He wondered who had drawn it as it was quite different from some of the other drawings on the wall.

The wind blew slightly, Alabaster wondered how late it was, past midnight? He couldn't stay for too long.

He stared at the drawing of the two plants.

"Hey, you're back!"

Alabaster looked up to see the boy up in his treehouse. He was leaning out the little window. Alabaster looked around nervously. He really shouldn't have been sneaking out.

"I wasn't sure if you were going to be coming back after those few close calls with your parents." He looked down at Alabaster who was just standing there, nervous. "Are you going to come up or what?" The boy asked.

Alabaster took a deep breath, and nodded. He climbed up the tree, and entered the treehouse again. He looked around as the other boy sat down. "Isn't it late for you to be up?" Alabaster asked.

"Isn't it late for you to be sneaking out?" The other boy asked. Alabaster flushed. "It isn't that late anyway. It's only 8:30...aren't your parents going to know you're gone?"

"My aunt is babysitting again, and she thinks I am already in bed...plus she has to put my cousin to bed, and she doesn't go to sleep easily."

"Why don't you just tell them where you're going?" The boy asked.

"Um...they might be mad."

"Why?" The boy started to ask, but he stopped, his face dropping. "Oh, nevermind, I get it."

Alabaster's face contorted into confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Is it because of my blood status?"

"...What is your blood status?"

"I thought you would know." The boy said. "I'm halfblood."

Fear filled Alabaster immediately. He was in the same room as a halfblood, he was in so much trouble. The kid seemed so nice too, but that was a trick they did to lure kids like him in...oh no.

The kid noticed the absolute fear in his face. "Look, if you don't want to hang out anymore, just say so-"

"No!" Alabaster yelped, backing away. "I - I am sorry for bothering you."

The boy's face was one of utter confusion. "Um...I am not going to hurt you."

"You...aren't?"

The boy's face was still confused. "Of course not."

This has to be a trick. Alabaster thought, but this boy was so young, he couldn't be already luring children to their deaths. "S-sorry." He stuttered. "I - just, I don't care if you're halfblood." He needed to see if this kid was tricking him.