𝖁. 𝖙𝖎𝖈𝖐-𝖙𝖎𝖈𝖐

𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔠𝔩𝔬𝔠𝔨

𝔗𝔦𝔪𝔢 𝔦𝔰 𝔭𝔯𝔢𝔠𝔦𝔬𝔲𝔰,

𝔱𝔦𝔠𝔨, 𝔱𝔬𝔠𝔨,

𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔠𝔩𝔬𝔠𝔨

ℑ'𝔩𝔩 𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔟𝔶 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔦𝔫𝔱𝔬 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔣𝔲𝔱𝔲𝔯𝔢, 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔰𝔞𝔦𝔡

𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔠𝔩𝔬𝔠𝔨

𝔑𝔬𝔴, ℑ 𝔞𝔪 𝔬𝔫𝔩𝔶 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔰.

The plan is oh so simple, at least it should be, but with the ticking clock, the stakes are higher than they should be.

Jack and Jasmine dart off to the perimeter with a crack in the wall to place the explosive, but of course, it doesn't come easy.

They stand behind a stone pillar as Jack toses the explosive and duck down as soon as it leaves his fingertips, but it doesn't stick.

Bewildered, Jack approaches the wall and continues to stick the explosive in the crack, but fails each and every time.

" For fuck's sake-- give me that," Jasmine groans as she takes the explosive from his grasp.

She shoves it into the crack, then grabs Jack by his collar and drags him behind the stone pillar so he's safe when it goes off.

It goes off just in time. Ted comes crashing through, making a direct path for the hole in the perimeter, and right before he steps to the other side, Elsa snatches the Bloodstone off his back and no longer is the monster impaired by its power.

Jack watches contently as his friend escapes into the howling woods, and the smile on his face seems to warm Jasmine's cold, dead heart. Elsa lets out a chuckle as well, finding this whole thing to be absolutely thrilling, a true rush.

But one fatal mistake is made.

Jack reaches for the glowing Bloodstone, and its cursed power casts him aside.

Jasmine's jaw falls slack as she watches Jack tumble through the dirt, for she knows that only a monster would have been denied by the stone. The rogue demon senses the presence of the other hunters and instantly turns to her niece with eyes bare.

" Run," She commands.

Elsa nods, agreeing with the words of her Aunt as she runs off, out of sight and out of mind, allowing Jasmine to take the fall for what's bound to come.

Soon enough, Verussa comes round with the rest of the hunters, and of course, she is not pleased with what she finds.

" Well, now, look at this," Verussa starts, " The Bloodstone did this to you?"

" He grabbed it, and it threw him back," A hunter responds.

" My word," Verussa says with false amusement, " A monster. Masquerading as one of our own. Desecrating a sacred night," one of the guards leans forward with a cattle prod to shock Jack, and Jasmine must bite her tongue as to not intervene, " And you? What was the thinking here?" Verussa turns to Jasmine, " You free the monster with a monster?"

" It's hard to call someone a monster when you're the one with the weapons," Jasmine states, her voice void of emotions as she keeps her eyes trained on the man before her.

" Well," Verussa sighs as she puts her hands on her knees, " I can't wait to find out what breed of evil you are."

A guard behind Jasmine uses the cattle prod as shocks her as well, sending her falling to the ground as she falls unconscious, only to wake up in a cage with Jack looming over her.