𝕴𝕴𝕴. 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖒𝖆𝖟𝖊

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔪𝔞𝔷𝔢

𝔪𝔞𝔶 𝔰𝔭𝔞𝔠𝔢 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔱𝔦𝔪𝔢 𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔢 𝔲𝔭𝔬𝔫 𝔲𝔰

𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔬𝔫𝔠𝔢 𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔦𝔰𝔢𝔡 𝔪𝔢 𝔲𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔩 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔢𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔦𝔪𝔢

𝔫𝔬𝔱 𝔟𝔲𝔱 𝔞 𝔰𝔱𝔬𝔩𝔢𝔫 𝔨𝔦𝔰𝔰

𝔤𝔬𝔫𝔢 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔦𝔫𝔡

One by one the hunters place their medallions into a bowl and grab a stone from the skull to see who's the lucky one that gets to enter the maze first. They hold the stones in their palms and glance down to see which stone they have drawn, but only one could be so lucky.

Jack Russell will go first into the maze.

He's accompanied by a flaming tuba, that marches with him and plays along until he reaches the door of the maze. By the time he walks inside, the familiar scent leaves his nostrils and allows him to focus for once.

But Jasmine isn't too far behind. One by one the rest of the hunters pile into the forbidden maze, where a monster lurks within. A monster so chaotic, that it's no guarantee that the hunters will come out of the maze alive.

A small record player produces music as its sat on a table, creating somewhat of a nice ambiance as Jack slowly wanders through the maze, hoping his senses will be enough to deter him from danger.

Jasmine passes by a large bushel of tall grass, but as the grass begins to shake with no wind to be found, she stops in her tracks and slowly turns around.

Not a moment later, Zuri lunges out of the bush, eyes lit with murderous intent as her hands tightly grip around Jasmine's throat. Zuri forces the rogue demon to the ground, intending to watch the life leave her eyes as she dies by her hand.

" That stone... is mine," Zuri proclaims as Jasmine struggles in her grasp, " And there's no way in hell I'll let you get close."

Zuri's grip tightens, blocking Jasmine's airway as she begs and gasps for something as sweet as oxygen to enter her lungs.

" Zuri... you don't want to do this," Jasmine croaks through her damaged throat.

" Oh I've been wanting to do this for decades," Zuri smirks, assuming she has the upper hand.

But of course, she doesn't. She's only human.

As Jasmine's lungs begin to fail due to the lack of air, a shadow looms over Zuri's shoulder, at first only posing as a bone-chilling whisper, but then it grows. The shadow attacks Zuri, twirling over her body as it poisons her skin and blood. Zuri's cries of pain echo throughout the maze as her body burns itself both inside and out. She removes her hands from Jasmine's neck as the shadow sucks whatever life remains within her body. It crawls in through her mouth, causing her body to heave and eyes to go wide with shock, and it escapes, all the same, allowing her lifeless body to collapse on the ground as Jasmine's throat recovers from the torment it was subjected to.

Jasmine picks herself up off the ground, her breath coming out in pants as she takes some time to regain her composure, but it's time she, unfortunately, doesn't have.

Across the maze, the music from the record player suddenly stops, and Jack comes across the hunter without a medallion.

Elsa.

The two stare at each other in complete silence, both frozen before one breaks the ice.

" I suggest we just pass each other by," Jack suggests with a small hand motion.