In one swift motion I quickly propelled myself through the air and jumped, only to end up colliding myself with the hard ground. I hissed at the sudden burning sensation caused by the scrapes on my elbows, knees, and cheek. I took my time to get up, cursing as my skateboard landed and wheeled itself away from me.

"Embarrassing." Ikaris' monotoned voice let out from her window.

"Can you mind your business!?" I hissed as I finally got back up to retrieve my board.

"Believe me I've tried, but the loud unbearable noises coming from your failed attempts to learn a pointless trick can be heard all the way from up here." Ikaris blinked as she looked down at me.

"Then close your window!" I raised my voice in annoyance.

"Must I sacrifice my comfort to the outside breeze just so I can let you continue to engage in a non-transferrable skill of making a piece of wood spin in the air?" I remained quiet at her brutal response.

"Aren't you exhausted?" I aggressively picked up my board from the ground and glared up at her with a clenched jaw.

"Of what?"

"Constantly acting like you're better than everyone else?" I let out as I made my way into the house.

"Not everyone." Her cold tone blended into the air. "Just you."

I loudly slammed the door in response to her unbreakably large ego and made my way upstairs to my room. I threw my shirt off and quickly headed over to the mirror to observe over the scrapes I had just gotten from outside. I carefully watched the tender redness and welled up blood begin to subside and regenerate at an incredibly fast pace.

I barely ever get wounds or terrible injuries but when I do it's always so oddly satisfying to witness the healing process.

Upon standing before the mirror for a couple more moments, a familiar scent suddenly blew right in from my window to gently greet my twitching nose. It didn't take long for me to become tantalized by the familiarly intoxicating scent as all of my other senses followed through with undeniable sensitivity.

It was the boy.

My eyes widened as I dropped everything to eagerly look out into the window, in hopes to maybe catch a glimpse of him without being caught.

Time slowed the second I gave him my full attention. My surroundings faded off into tunnel vision that was completely honed in at him. I couldn't bring myself to stop looking, and I couldn't exactly figure out the reason why.

The sun's glowing rays delicately hugged against the boy's golden curls like a soft halo, further emphasizing his doe-like eyes that were too big for his heart-shaped face. His full brows were furrowed as he seemed so focused on what he was drawing. If I hadn't ever heard his voice that night at the cliff, I would've probably mistaken him for a girl due to his androgynous features that went so well with his meek and gentle demeanor.

The boy is beautiful.

In an instant, he turned to look out the window to meet my eyes, causing my breath to hitch. His gaze was large and complimented by thick blades of lashes. Although they were pinched with small traces of exhaustion, he still had such a rare glint of innocence to them; the type of innocence that needed to be protected at all costs.

My mouths drops in preparation for a greeting but I couldn't bring myself to say anything to him due to my crippling nerves getting the best of me.

I could tell he was nervous at the sight of me as well but he slowly lifted a hand up into the air anyways. It was significantly much smaller than mine, blending seamlessly with his gaunt body as he sent me a small shaky wave.