Chapter Thirty: Hello Again

The area that terrified the populace three days ago now illuminated by the bright sun. There followed a brief period of quiet to reflect on the occurrence and, at the same time, to silently thank the gods that no one had perished.

The crown made the people and nobles gather at the plaza once again. Despite the fear, the people that showed up wanted to be assured. They want to rely on the crown, the sun of their kingdom.

Once again, the sun that shines upon the Roan kingdom, His Majesty King Zed is at the podium, giving words of encouragement and reassurance that the people can trust the crown. That the citizens of the kingdom are safe.

The loyal knights who worked hard in helping the people during the incident were awarded. However, a certain redhead, whom everyone saw made a miracle, adamantly refused to accept his medal. Of course he welcomed his reward with open arms, but the people didn't have to know that.

"... and you can all sleep in peace at night, knowing that whoever threatens us again, shall meet their end. We shall make them remember that there will be someone-" The King then, focused his eyes on a certain redhead.

Cale scowled upon noticing the king's gaze at him.

'Ugh.. please don't look at me like that. You're giving the people some weird ideas.'

The King internally chuckled and the redheads obvious display of unpleasantness. He then continued.

"-someone will stop them."

The common people cheered while the nobles elegantly clapped their hands. The ceremony was concluded and the people's hearts are at ease. They all tried to steal a glance at the true hero in their hearts before the plaza was left empty as if nothing had happened there.

*

*

*

Meow
Meow

"Cale nya, why are you frowning?"

"Human! Does your body hurt? Do you want some cookies?"

Cale, the children averaging 9 years old, and the ancient dragon, are now in a carriage going to the Ubarr territory. Ron was at the driver's seat. Beacrox and the wolf children were in the second carriage. Hans also accompanied them, along with Hilsman.

Lock and Choi Han left for Breck Kingdom to accompany Rosalyn.

Cale had decided to stop by at the Ubarrs' to recuperate. Well, more like he was forced to. He recalled the conversation he had with his father a day before the ceremony.

"Ahem. Cale, why don't you stop by at the Ubarrs' first? You can stay there and relax with the children to recover your health."

"But I'm perfectly healthy, dad."

"I know you were going to say that, but, you must recuperate first. You can stay at the capital or at the Ubarrs' for as long as you want. Uh, no. Maybe for just a week." The count then gave him a very wide smile.

'Okay... that's not weird at all.'

"Um... okay." 'I guess I have to check the Naval base anyway.'

"Great. That's great son. Don't worry, I left your allowance to Ron."

"Okay. Thanks dad. See you."

'Knowing dad and mother, I bet they're actually preparing a 'simple' homecoming party for me. Haaaa.. I just hope it's not as simple as last time.'