Chapter Five: Small Changes

Cale woke up looking at the now familiar white ceiling with red edges at the corner. Even the soft mattress that's burying him in comfort, and is very much tempting him to close his eyes again, felt very familiar.

"Good morning, young master." Ron greeted him while trying to give Cale his morning tea, and once again, Cale flinched.

'I just can't get used to this... geez. This scary old man.'

"Good morning, Ron."

Cale greeted back. He smelled the sour stench from his tea that Ron gave him. His face subconsciously frowned. He looked at Ron, ready to complain, but decided it's better to just drink it and ask to make a new kind next time.

Ron is amused at his puppy young master's reaction. He clearly dislikes the sour smell but didn't complain. He then watched as Cale drank the tea in one gulp.

'ho... what an interesting puppy.'

Cale, after drinking the horrid tea, frowned harder. Despite his excellent skills of being able to control his facial expressions in any situations, he just can't do that with lemon tea. Nope. Adding the fact that he's in a new body, a young one at that, he just can't help it.

'Ugh... disgusting.'

"Your fever is now gone, young master. But, it's always good to take precautions. You must take your medicine after breakfast and rest for today."

hmmm

Cale hummed in agreement.

"Okay. By the way, how did I get here?"

"The count had some urgent business to attend to last night, so we had to come back here right away. You didn't wake up when I came to wake you, so I decided to carry you here last night."

'Excuse me? You carried me here? Without me noticing?'

Is what Cale wanted to say but he remained speechless with his jaw dropped. Ron just chuckled while looking at him.

"I see." Cale managed finally say.

'Seriously! I know I'm still adjusting but, I've always been a light sleeper. Must be the fever.'

"Your bath is ready young master."

"Okay."

He then gave the cup to Ron and got up to go to the bathroom quickly. Ron just watched him in amusement. Before closing the bathroom door, Cale turned to Ron and spoke.

"Ron."

"Yes, young master?"

"Thank you."

"..."

Cale then closed the door and took a bath.

'ho... so this puppy young master of mine can be subtle in that way.'

Ron though as he ran a finger on his chin with a benign smile. As far as he have observed, his young master is smart, blunt and he doesn't seem like someone who'd casually say what he's feeling.

'How intriguing.'

After some time, Cale walked out with a bathrobe on.

"Let's get you dressed up, young master."

"It's fine Ron. I can do it myself."

"Young master, let this Ron do it. You are now officially part of this household, as your servant, it is my duty to tend to you... and stay by your side."

That last statement certainly made Cale's spine shiver.

'... stay by my side? I do hope not all the time. I have to find a way to send him off to Choi Han in the future. And having someone dress me when I'm completely capable is embarrassing.'