Chapt. 1 // Moving in

Start from the beginning

She looked around the building before going to the counter. Melody was already there, talking with the receptionist, a jellyfish. As Kanna waits behind Melody in a line, she looks around again. In a way, the building looked more roomier than what she thought. The lobby seemed more modern and in a way, safer and cozy than the city. She wondered how the rooms would look like then.

Melody smiles and nods, before saying goodbye to the receptionist and getting out of line. "Well, I'm gonna go settle down first before anything else! See you two later!" She waved goodbye as she walked away and out. Kanna watched her go as Josh seemed to wave back at Melody. By then, she was gone.

Now Kanna was next in line. 

-

Both Kanna and Josh made it to the 3rd floor after their registration.  ''Room 44.. Room 44..'' Kanna thought to herself in attempts to not forget. She and Joshua walked along the hallways, looking at the door numbers. Eventually after 3-4 door passings, apartment 44 showed up. "Ah." Kanna felt a bit of relief as she stood in front of it. She takes out the apartment key and starts to use it to unlock the door. A click makes through as the doorknob unlocks. Kanna opens the door, exposing the apartment room.

Joshua went ahead in the room and into the living room. There was a hallway that connected the front door and the living room. What's more was that it was decently bigger and roomier than what they'd thought. A couch was in the middle of the room with a nice red, circular golden-lined carpet below. There was a TV against the wall in front of the couch as well, and it was pretty big. "Home sweet home." Josh took a breather for a moment, turning around and looking around the living room. He already loved it. Kanna closes the door, locking it. She then starts to venture around the apartment, checking them. She opens doors that are connected to the hallways and the living room. From there, there was one bathroom, two bedrooms, one kitchen, and even a little pantry closet. This was bigger, way bigger than what Kanna thought. She seemed a little bit shocked. Even the bedrooms weren't too shabby.

Suddenly, Josh comes up from behind and wraps his arms around Kanna's neck, embracing the hug. He puts his chin above Kanna's head. "Isn't it nice? It's more aesthetic than the one in Inkopolis City." Joshua asked, he tried to sound a bit more bubbly and lazy. Though Kanna held back and grabbed his arms, making him unwrap her and holding him back.

"We still have to unpack you know." Kanna reminds Joshua. Then he sighs. 

"Fineeee…" he says, backing off from her and going back into the living room. Though he turns back. "Hey, we can share the same room thou-"

"Nope. Not even close." Kanna cuts off as she goes off into her own bedroom that she now claims. Joshua pouts, before going to his new bedroom as well.

Kanna sets her stuff down on the bed. It was very sturdy yet soft as she sat on it. She stretched out a bit, seeing how she was pretty tired from the trip. Though she had the time to space out for a moment before shaking her head to snap out of it. ''Okay..'' Kanna thought before getting up. She opened her bags and started to unpack. Finding and putting her clothes in the drawers, putting items and accessories that she brought along from the trip to place them on her table, and organizing her items together.

Once she was done unpacking, she takes a breather before grabbing her phone. She then goes outside of her bedroom and towards the living room only to find Joshua preparing to leave. "Where are you going?" Kanna asked, Joshua moves his head up and looks at her. He puts a cap on him.

"I'm on first duty.. after all, I'm the captain." He reminds.

"Oh.. right."

"Don't worry, I'll try to not be gone for long." He smiles before coming up to Kanna and giving her a tight hug. Finally, he was able to hug her. He gives her a kiss on the forehead before letting go, retreating himself towards the doorstep and putting on his sandals. He then unlocks the door and opens it, now past the door frame. He looks back at Kanna, bowing like a gentleman as a joke before leaving and closing the door.

Kanna crosses her arms, watching the door for a moment. After staring for a couple minutes, she glances at the clock that was on the wall. Then she grabs her stuff, getting ready to leave as well. She puts on her shoes, puts on her jacket, and puts on her cap. Then she opens the door and leaves. Closing the door and locking it, she walks down the stairs of the apartment building, eventually reaching the ground floor. She thought that maybe she should check on Melody a bit, so she followed through the halls and reached the only designation of where she was suspecting where Melody was.

Reaching the room, the door was wide open. Kanna takes a moment to peek inside the room only to see it was yet empty. She wondered where Melody was. "What are you doing here?" Suddenly Melody asks from behind. Kanna turns around to see her carrying a couple boxes in hand.

"Oh. Just checking on you."

"Oh, well thanks- is Josh not with you?"

"Um, no he's not. He has work, so he has already left. He was offered a job before we moved here, hence half the reason of why we moved here." Kanna explained as an exchse, trying to ensure that Melody didn't quite know the SquidBeak Splatoon.

"Huh.. never knew that. Well, thanks for letting me know!" Melody said as she went inside her apartment room and settled down the boxes on the floor. 

Kanna tilts her head a bit. "What are those boxes for?" She asked.

"Oh these?" She stood back up and put a hand on her hip. She exhales in relief from the box carrying. "I got these from Sheldon. He told me beforehand to visit his shop when we arrived. Apparently, these are 'new parts' for Alex to work on."

Kanna nodded as she listened. "Do you need any help?" 

Melody shakes her head. "No, I think I'm good. I got most of the stuff ready." She assures as she begins to finally unpack. "Besides, this is merely nothing!"

"Alright then." Kanna starts to step out of the room. "I'll leave it to you then. Just let me know when you need help." She recalls as Melody nods. Kanna then gets out of her way and goes back out, leaving Melody alone. As she goes out of the apartment building completely, she takes a small breather before looking around. Seeing all the new 'fresh squids and octos' made her wonder about some other topics. Was this a good place to settle in? Even if so, was it really okay to leave the others behind in Inkopolis City? Kanna felt a bit uncomfortable from the move, though she shook it off after. This wasn't the time to really think about these things. If Joshua trusted the process, Kanna could too. With that, she finally took the step forward and out into the city of Splatsville.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Chapter 1//End

Word Count: 1966