Chapter 1 - It's a Boy!

VOSL Chapter 1

"It's a boy!"

The maids chattered like mad in all the kitchens, through every service hall, cellar, and so on. At this point, even the prisoners in the dungeons knew the Queen finally had her baby.

And what an adorable thing he was. His skin was near white as snow, his eyes a pale brown, his little wisps of hair a deep black.

The workers, from what they heard of him, were absolutely in love with the little prince. Of course, they would've loved him no matter his appearance.

Several voices chattered back and forth in the service hall. It was so loud that it was hard to hear a single statement.

"...What's his name? ...they decided yet?"

"...No, no, no, they're keepin' his name a secret 'til his celebration..."

"...can't be right...just haven't said anything yet..."

"...think you're right...celebration...weeks ahead..."

"—They couldn't even try to keep a secret that long, not from us, haha!"

"...What all...happening at the celebration?"

"...I hear all manner of folk from tons of other kingdoms will be coming for it..."

"...When's it happening again?..."

"...few weeks, three or four I want to say..."

"Aye, thanks."

Suddenly a door opened with a boom, and a maid rushed in, her voice louder than all the rest.

"I know it! I know it! I know the prince's name!"

"In the king's name, spit it out!"

"What is it? What is it?!"

"Alright, alright, quiet down!" The louder woman said. Her compatriots obeyed.

"Thank you. The prince's name is Virgil Charlotte Swann!"