Episode 3: French is an Eiffel Language

Start from the beginning

Marnie POV:

We all raced to get a taxi, while exiting the plane we accidentally hit a flight attendant by opening the door. As we left the plane Kristen grabbed me by the wrist and we continued running, not that I minded. Soon enough we found a taxi, and got in.

"Tour Eiffel s'il vous plait," Kristen said, having taken French classes for almost half her life. 

"And fast preferably," I added as our driver raced off. We followed the other taxis. When we got to the tower we saw that the cadets had crashed their taxi into the back of the Ice Dancers taxi.

"Man, those guys are awesome!" I exclaimed.

"Marnie, come on! We need to get the tip," Kristen said, grabbing the tip right after the Police Cadets grabbed theirs.

"Huh, it's a botch or watch," Macarthur said, as I tried reading the tip over Kristen's shoulder.

"In this botch or watch whoever didn't eat the stew in Morocco must draw a caricature of their partner." Kristen explained. "When the local French artiste/judge approves of our drawing, we'll receive our next tip,"

Kristen POV:

As more teams arrived I quickly grabbed a pad and pencil and began to draw my younger sister. I decided on drawing her as if she was a skydiving toddler and made her tongue stick out. I also gave her hearts for eyes when I saw her looking at Brody again who was flexing for his drawing. Soon enough Geoff finished.

"Donesters," he said happily.

"Dude you drew me awesome!" Brody complimented. And they got their drawing approved.

"Woo-hoo!" Geoff cheered hi-fiving his partner. I even caught Owen staring at the two. "Go down, down, down, find the cheese so round. Where your next tip is found," the two then spotted a rat running down a manhole. "Follow that rat!" he exclaimed.

"Dude wait!" Brody stopped him. " What about our alliance?"

"Oh right, dudettes you gonna be okay?" Geoff asked.

"You kidding me we'll be fine go on you don't wanna lose your lead do you?" Marnie asked them.

"We'll either see you in the sewer or at the finish line," I finished. 

"Sweet! Good luck guys!" Brody smiled.

"Brody, they're girls not guys," Geoff said as they went down the manhole. I smiled it was obvious Marnie's feelings for Brody must be at least a little mutual. Then the cadets finished their drawing and approached the artist.

"Kristen, have you finished yet? More teams are showing up," Marnie said slightly nervous,  as I added the detail of her hair flying all over the place.

"I'm finished, where's the judge?" I asked. As if on cue the judge appeared beside me, he looked at the drawing before smiling and giving us the tip. I gripped Marnie's wrist and ran toward the manhole. Then I saw the cadets climbing down the manhole heading in one direction and followed them.

"Do you guys mind working together?" Marnie asked, Sanders squinted her eyes while Macarthur glared.

"We'll let you take first place," I added, winking. I thought I saw a slight pink hue adorn Sanders' cheeks.

"Okay," Macarthur said as we continued to run. A little further on and a couple minutes later we came across three different tunnels. And Macarthur began to sniff the air?

"Is this normal?" I asked Sanders.

"No," she quickly replied. After Macarthur sniffed the air some more, Sanders spoke up. "Okay, what are you doing?"

"I've trained my nose so I can work border crossings, people think they can bring oranges into any country they want! Not on my watch sisters!" I gave her a weird look as Marnie giggled. Macarthur sniffed again. "This one! I'm going in!" she said intensely as she ran into the middle tunnel.

"I like her!" Marnie smiled, right before we heard a scream from the other end of the tunnel. The three of us then ran in.

"AH! AH! GET IT OFF ME!" Macarthur yelled as Sanders and I gave her a 'really' look seeing that there was a fake skeleton on top of her. Marnie then took the skeleton off her new friend. After that we continued running and Macarthur spoke up after sniffing the air again.

"Roquefort, cave aged about three years," she said. As I grinned, getting used to her antics. Marnie giggled as she was hushed by Macarthur. "Do you hear running water?" she asked. We ran toward the exit finding the cheese wheels.

"Yeah that's what I'm talking about!" Macarthur grinned grabbing a cheese wheel. "You're coming with me!"

"You're good!" Marnie complimented, as I grabbed another cheese. Suddenly we heard someone clearing their throat behind us. 

"Ho-ho! If it isn't the smiling silvertoots!" Macarthur said, smugly.

"HA! Great insult!" Marnie said, hi-fiving Macarthur. Josee then walked over to a pile of cheese wheels and kicked them over, revealing the clue on a sign.

"Ugh! I hate silver," she yelled, yet still smiling.

"Take your cheese and sail away to where Mona-Lisa's on display," Jacques read.

"The louvre!" Me and Sanders both said simultaneously said. I looked away blushing but I swore I saw her blush slightly as well. This was until the Ice Dancers took off as we gave them a nasty glare.

"Bye! You stink worse than this cheese float!" Josee tried.

"Too bad you forgot your oars!" Marnie yelled at them as Sanders held them out.

"Darn it!" Jacques said, as I grabbed oars for me and Marnie and jumped onto the cheese float.

"Jacques you were supposed to get the oars!" Josee exclaimed, still smiling but on the verge of losing it.

"What's French for boo-yah?" Macarthur asked, as she and Sanders paddled by

"In your face Ice Brains!" I yelled, as we paddled past them as well. As we continued our paddling we were neck at neck with the Police Cadets.

"Doing great girls!" Sanders said, to all of us. 

"No way!" Macarthur exclaimed. This was until we heard a splashing sound behind us, spotting the Ice Dancers with half their bodies in water and kicking instead of rowing.

"They still get creepier by the minute," Macarthur said.

"More like by the second," Marnie said, as all of us let out a chuckle. Soon enough we spotted the Louvre just ahead. The Ice Dancers jumped off their cheese and started to wave at the cameras until the cadets passed them.

"Push it Sanders! Feel the burn! Come on girls!" Macarthur said to her partner and us, as the two of us started to push our cheese just like them.

"Right behind you!" Marnie called up to them. Josee glared at Jacques who quickly ran back to get their cheese wheel. Right as we were in the middle of the first set of stairs the Cadets finished the stairs. We then quickly finished the stairs as well. Racing toward the carpet of completion, We got there and placed second!

"Well, well lady cadets! You're in first place! Marnie and Kristen you're in second place!" Don told us.

"Woo-hoo!" I announced, as the four of us hi-fived each other.

"And the Ice Dancers have to settle for bronze," me, Marnie, Macarthur, and even Sanders gave the Ice Dance an evil look. Macarthur then began to dance.

"Uh, uh, uh! What you don't hear victory music? Probably cause you didn't win," she egged them on. We saw Josee then twitch her eye as if this was a horrific thing. Laughing, we left the carpet. Soon enough the surfer's arrived in fourth place. Then we walked off with them and the cadets to the hotel we were staying in.