" What happened to Mother?" Ayath asked the doctor, worried.

" Madam is not injured anywhere. I think she fainted because of the shock. "

The doctor then noticed blood dripping from Ayath's hand.

" Miss, you are injured."

The doctor's words caught Arsalan's attention. He held Ayath's hand.

"This is nothing major."

"Ayath, just show the doctor your hand", Arsalan commanded.

Ayath just glared at him. The doctor did the dressing.

Arsalan was screaming at his men. "How did this happen?"

"Boss, we did not know I thought someone was keeping an eye on us" one of his men replied.

" Why were there only six people present, where were the others?" He questioned angrily.

"We did not expect an attack. I sent the men home". The lead guard replied feeling guilty.

" If you want to override my instructions, do one thing. Please take over and I will move aside"

Basith the main guard was already feeling guilty.

"Please, Arsalan, my child, forgive me for not following your orders. If it was not for that angel, I would have been dead."

"Who?" Arsalan asked.

"We do not know who she was, she was covered in a black veil, and she came like a strong wind before I could register anything. She was gone."

Arsalan's heart was beating fast.

"Did you see her face, her clothes, or anything?"

"She was fully covered but we saw her entering your house".

**********************************************************************************************

Back at Arsalan's house, Ayath was sitting at Imaan's bedside. She was not awake yet. She saw Jahanara walking towards her.

"Aunty Jahan, how is Dilara?"

"She is doing fine, sleeping in the next room."

"I know staying in our house overnight caused you so much trouble. If I and Arsalan had not had that argument, you would have been in your house safe."

"Ayath, do not feel guilty. If you were not there, we would have been dead"

"Aunty Jahan, who is Hamza?"

"What!"

"Mother, she called his name before fainting. Is he Arsalan's father?"

"No, he is Imaan's younger brother-in-law. He sacrificed himself to save Madam years back"

"Is Arsalan's father dead too?"

"That monster is not dead. Madam's life was very complicated. Maybe she fainted because it reminded her of the fire which took Hamza."

Ayath did not understand anything. Jahan ara looked at her face and replied.

"I have been with your Mother-in-law since her childhood. She was just like you, young and naive. The heart is free of any maliciousness. Her father was a poor worker who served the king as a footman. Imaan was his eldest daughter."

"How did she marry the king? Was it a love marriage?"

"You are a curious cat."

"No, it was not a love marriage. Poor Imaan was caught in the game of political power. She married the crown prince of that time."