He! Loves! Her! The haunting sounds of my chest returned.

"So, there's still a chance?" Desperation leaked from me.

My entire body felt renewed. False hope was medicine for the foolish, with a placebo effect.

"What is meant to be, will be. No one can undo what is written for you." His parables didn't make sense, albeit I wasn't thinking at all. I just knew I was going to steal my mate back.

It took me almost an hour to settle my stomach before going to Jordan's house.

"Hey baby! Mom Noella is back; we'll be in my room." He shouted after opening the door.

For me, this meant he couldn't tell who was who. How can he claim to love one more when he couldn't tell the difference? Then I spoke.

"Jordan."

"Lys?" he withdrew, not being able to say my full name.

Thinking about it, I only ever heard him say my name a few times.

Instead of letting me in, he pulled me outside to the far side of his house where there were a few chairs and a picnic table. His family must have loved barbeques as the char on the grill still smelt fresh.

They probably had a party last night with Noella as their guest of honor. Mates usually celebrated with a family feast when they found each other.... Was that what happened last night? Was that why she didn't come home? My soul started bleeding.

"I'm sorry." His words didn't reflect any remorse.

"You never gave me a chance." It was like my outside was being peeled off my body and only my inside was before him. Not the part that looked like Noella, but the pure me, deep inside who was hurting because of his actions.

"I gave you plenty of chances to get to know me. Don't say I didn't,"

"But did you? I didn't know who you were. My entire life I was taught not to get close to any male, can you blame me for following the rules?"

"I don't see it that way. You took a long time to recognize me,"

"Are you blaming me for the speed I matured?" I lashed out.

"Please. Don't do this." He backed away from me.

"What? Be angry? My mate is in love with my sister! He didn't wait nor did he care to," I accused.

"You're right. I didn't wait therefore you deserve better. You will find someone so much better."

"Did you have a celebration last night?" I needed to know.

He lowered his head and bit his lip. I hated how handsome he was. Exactly my type, I didn't have a type... He was the only person I could see myself with. The one the goddess paired me with. My soulmate.

"Did the Alpha come to this to make it official?" I asked when I understood his silence meant yes.

"He did. I introduced her to my family as my mate."

"They accepted this? Her?" I raged.

She was human, they knew she was my twin. As the only set of twins in my pack, she and I had celebrity status among our peers.

"I accepted her and that's all that matters. She is my mate, not you." His honesty cut deep but also opened my naïve eyes.

I got up and walked out. He called my name but I didn't stop. This was his choice and I actually heard it this time. I heard him choose her, again, but this time I actually heard.