Chapter 4

"I never told you to agree with his conditions, daddy!" Peresiah exclaimed out of frustration

"Peresiah, calm down and stop shouting. It's only the two of us here," saway nito sa kaniya na dahilan para mapairap siya.

"I won't work under his empire. I will never do that! May sarili akong kagrupo, I won't leave them for that man!" protesta niya.

"I never told you to leave them, ija! You can bring those stubborn people as you enter Thaddeus' empire. Aren't you aware of his conditions and what he's offering?" Tumayo ito sa kinauupuan bago siya tapikin sa balikat. "He needs a commander, Peresiah. A freaking commander, under that empire. Think of the people who are deeply obsessed to be hired by Thaddeus himself."

"I don't care. Ayoko, period, mamatay ka man. Kung gusto mo, edi ikaw magtrabaho doon sa lalaki na 'yon." She rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"Peresiah, this is an order from me."

"Ibabalik ko sa 'yo order mo, wala akong kebs diyan, tandang Kingsley."

"I'm going to suspend your black card," banta nito.

She sticked out her tongue. "I have my own money."

"His company has a lot of rare guns, they will also give you your own gun with its customized specializations and name."

"Fuck!" malutong niyang mura nang marinig 'yon. "Is it like a personalized gun? And I can suggest what to do and what to expect from that?"

"Hmm, more than that," tumatangong sagot nito.

Her eyes twinkled in excitement before shaking hands with the old man. "Grabe ka talaga daddy, kahit hindi kita kadugo grabe na benefits ko sa 'yo. Ang galing mo humanap ng mapapakinabangan na boss!"

"Peresiah, manners," nagbabanta nitong saad.

"Anong manners ka diyan? Bumaba na't lahat-lahat si Susej dito hindi pa rin ako magkakaroon ng manners," sabat niya rito.

"Kahit kailan ka talagang bata ka, you're starting to become a stubborn woman because of your teammates," Kingsley replied with firmness in his voice.

She shook her head. "Ako ang humahawa sa kanila ng katarantaduhan, daddy. Don't mistake them as the bad influence, I'm the problem itself."

She flipped her hair before smiling mischievously. "Where can I talk to this Lincoln guy, huh? Should I go straight to his office?"

"Here." He handed a folder with files inside. "That's where his empire's main headquarter is located. He's always there. You can go directly to him to accept his offer."