"I....I...I do, I do love her.....she doesn't.", he said with a disappointment.

Neilima chuckled,

"And who said that to you? Her actions speaks louder than her words."

"I don't get it. What do you mean?"

Taking a deep breathe Neilima continued.
"Abhimanyu when you were in Delhi, you know it was the first time in these six months when I saw her lively, alive, enthusiastic, chirpy, happy, and so much more that I can't put down.
I saw her taking breaks from her work packed schedule to spend time with you, I saw her finding excuses to see you- be it the excuse of going to you to hand over something- food, milk, oh to be precise 'Haldi wala doodh', and before you ask- Yes, it was not me who sent it for you, it was one of her many excuses. I saw her being restless the entire day in hospital when you were supposed to leave, fearing she won't be able to bid you a goodbye- a goodbye that she didn't even wanted to bid.
I saw the calm and composed in every situation Akira running like a maniac in a marathon to meet you one last time before you leave- at that moment she was the clumsy Akshara. Abhimanyu's Akshara."

All this time he was listening very intently and reminiscing all these memories, a needle like pain piercing his heart again and again.
"Then why doesn't she accept it? Why she keeps pushing me away? Pulling herself away from me?
She thinks I don't notice, but I do, I see how she finds reasons to ignore me, to distance me, she is doing it very well since the day she has been in Udaipur.", hurt was screaming in his voice.

"Because she is too hard on herself, because she thinks she is protecting you."

"Protecting me? From whom?"

"From herself. She carries a very large baggage Abhimanyu, a baggage she doesn't want you to carry along.
Till now all you know is about Akshara, her childhood, her fears, her reason to decline your love. But you don't know about Akira, her traumas, her darkest sides, her life. At this moment I want nothing but to fill up this missing piece of information, but I can't. That's her part to do it, it's her right to complete this puzzle, not mine.
If you really want her, if you really love her, then let her know that you'll always love her the same no matter what.
You have to make her believe that she can let her armour down- the armour she named Akira, that the wounded person behind this armour- Akshara doesn't scare you."

Abhimanyu nodded gratefully to let her know that he understands.

<>

Akira saw Abhimanyu standing near the backyard door, his back facing her, she moved towards him and placed her palm on his shoulder.
"Hey...", she spoke gently.

Turning around he took her in a hug, a tear dropped on her shoulder from his eyes. Rubbing her hand soothly on his back she spoke,
"Abhima-- Abhi, listen to me, everything is going to be okay, everything is already shortened up."

"Please let your Armour down, Akshu."

And it caught her off-gaurd, he was crying for her. Little sobs escaped her throat, she doesn't even remember when was last time she had cried, not in the last six months for sure, but in those two months she used to cry sometimes- remembering him.
She tried to break free this hug, but he won't let her.
"What are you talking about?", she asked in her chocked voice as tears burning like lava escaped her eyes, streaming down the face.