But the embarrassment was real. If it was up to me, I wouldn't have them at all, but if you said that in front of certain people, they'd start treating you like an alien human who had subtly come out to them as transgender.

I creaked through my door, my shoulders rounding before me so I could try to keep my nips completely out of sight. What if it only looked like my bra covered the nips in my room's mirror, but in actuality, they were plainly visible? These thoughts kept my shoulders forward, pulling the fabric of my sweatshirt from laying flat against my chest.

A flimsy defense.

I cleared my throat, coming closer to the ninja on the couch.

Hintar, the lazy gray bean, was slowly suckling from the bottle. Part of me was amazed that Kakashi had looked through the cupboards, mixing the formula solution with water, and warming it all up on the stove, then ladling it into the bottle.

Ah. That reminds me.

"Do you want to learn how to use the microwave?"

I nearly cursed myself. The first words from my mouth should have been, "Thank you for feeding the kittens."

Instead, I zoomed straight past the topic, hinting that while the help was appreciated, it wasn't done well enough. Here, Kakashi, let me show you how to do it correctly.

Kakashi wore the same outfit from yesterday, looking unruffled and smelling just like an anime character: like nothing.

Ninjas weren't just skilled at warfare, survival, and clandestine missions, apparently. Their hygiene was S-class.

"Hinnie usually takes a while feeding, so you can hand her over to me, if you want," I gesture uselessly at the kitten in Kakashi's gloved hands. "By the way, I'm not sure if you saw it, but I made up the second room with clean sheets. I put the clothes and toiletries I bought on the bed in there. If you don't like the type of toothpaste or deodorant or something, let me know, and I'll get different ones."

Kakashi tipped his head in acknowledgment, and I stood there, petering, for a second. Then, I awkwardly wandered back to the kitchen, about to prepare myself food.

"I thought we could discuss strategy over dinner." Kakashi's voice followed me from the living room. His voice was calm, measured. "I left it simmering since I didn't know how long you'd be."

My eyes glimpsed the pan of rice smothered in chicken and vegetables, simmering on the stovetop. The glass lid on my one measly pan kept the aroma from immediately assaulting my nose, but now that I knew it was there, I wondered how I'd ever missed something so strong and potent.

My heart skipped forward, nearly making me trip over my own feet.

He'd made me dinner? Dinner?

And he'd waited to eat it with me?

"Y-You didn't have to..." I started lamely, when I noticed a shadow cover mine on the linoleum. The dim yellow lighting shining from a rectangle above my equally-rectangular table startled shadows from nothing, but the sheer width and density of this one told me Kakashi had crossed the living room as silently as a ghost.

I stiffened without my permission, still wholly unused to such attractive men standing in my kitchen, close enough for their shadow to cover mine on the ground.

With the box of kittens tucked under an arm, Kakashi sauntered into the kitchen like it was his own.

I shook my head. I knew ninjas were adaptable, but wasn't this just a tad bit ridiculous? Was this the same guy who had treated me like an enemy just yesterday? Where were all those glares now?