False alarm

Sorry for the long wait on this next chapter, I have exams coming up so I'm focusing on them. I currently have one more chapter after this one finished and ready to post but further chapters might take a bit longer.

Enjoy!

----------

Scott stood up from his seat, glancing around the church. "Scott-" His fear for Jimmy had him on edge, blocking out the world around him, so the sudden voice behind him made the elf jump. He quickly turned around to see his dad. "It's time to go-" He then glanced from side to side before looking back at Scott. "Where's Jimmy?"

"Uh, he just went to talk to some people, I'll go get him." Before waiting for a reply, Scott bolted for the door, racking his brain for any ideas on where to look. The elf stopped outside the door and looked around, hoping he was close by.

A figure eventually walked up behind him. "Hey Scott."

"Jimmy?" He spun as quickly as he could to come face to face with the once missing blonde. "Oh thank Aor you're ok." Scott wrapped his arms around Jimmy and pulled him into a tight hug.

Jimmy slowly wrapped his arms around Scott, slightly confused at what had gotten the elf so on edge. "Why wouldn't I be?" He let go of the hug and examined the elf's worried expression.

"During the ceremony I saw... well, uh... you know... my brother... he disappeared, then you were gone as well, I thought he-he..."

"I just went to congratulate my sister, sorry I worried you..." Jimmy's eyes suddenly widened. "Wait, you saw Xornoth?"

Scott gave a quick nod as the Rivendell King approached the two. "There you boys are, we're going now, either of you seen Xornoth?"

"Oh, yeah, I almost forgot, he told me to tell you that he's staying at a friend's house for a few days." Scott quickly thought up an explanation much better than his last excuse.

The King narrowed his eyes. "And why didn't he come tell me himself?"

"Because he couldn't find you."

The King nodded before heading off in the direction of Rivendell. Scott and Jimmy launched into the air behind him, staying just out of ear range. "That should buy us a few days." The elf commented.