~ Chapter Forty ~

~ Katsuki's POV ~

Today was the day.

I was gonna confess how I felt to her, I wasn't really expecting her to reciprocate my feelings because she has that stupid bird brain that she goes all bug-eyed over, but I just needed to get it off my chest. These feelings have been brewing up inside me since we've meet, and I don't know how much longer I can keep them inside without driving myself crazy!

I was usually pretty good at suppressing emotions that I didn't want to show, but these feelings were ones that couldn't be hidden and that scared me a bit. 

As I was cleaning up her wounds, I could feel how bony her arms and legs have gotten with her joints poking out, and it scared me. Sure, I knew the physical toll that came with her training, but this was something that scared me much more than a few bruises and scrapes. It could be a number of things, but I just hoped it wasn't something too terrible.

I shuddered the feeling away as I wiped up the remainder of fresh blood on her shin. 

I stood up and started to shuffle my feet in the loose dirt, "H-hey, um-so there's something I've been meaning to tell you..." I informed her, while offering my hand out to her to help her up off of the ground which she took.

Once she was off the ground, she smiled at me, "Okay, shoot!" She exclaimed.

That smile made my heart go crazy, and I started to anxiously chuckle, scratching the back of my neck sheepishly, "Well, um-you...you...I-dammit words!" I managed to get out before getting pissed about how much I was stuttering, "I'm starting to sound like that nerd! This shouldn't be that hard to say!"

As I was cursing myself out under my breath, trying to calm my nerve and get myself under control, I felt a gentle touch on my shoulder. I froze in place and all of the anger melted away as I looked up into her dazzling (y/e/c) eyes that just made my heart go crazy.

She must've saw how dopey I looked and giggled, "Just tell me! This seems really important to you, so I won't judge!" She reassured, holding out her pinky finger to me, "I promise!"

I looked down at her hand and started to smirk out of amusement, "A pinky promise? Really? Aren't those for babies?" I taunted, my grin spreading across my face.

I saw that her face had dropped to one of irritation, and she slapped my arm as hard as she could, making me stumble back a bit, "This is how I make promises, deal with it!" She seethed through clenched teeth.

"Ow! Ow! Okay, okay! Fine! Jesus!" I exclaimed, holding my stinging arm as I laced my pinky finger with hers.

Her face went back to how it used to be and we shook on it, "Okay, now tell me what you have to say!"

I realized that I still haven't confessed yet! Oh shit! I could feel the anticipation of things going terribly wrong started to intrude my body, and I could feel myself stiffening up and wanting out. But I had already committed to following through with this and I already knew the odds of her liking me back were slim, so there wasn't much for me to be so anxious about this whole thing! I took a deep breath and felt my eyes flicker from her and my feet as I built up the courage to tell her.

"(y-y/n)...I-I...I-"

All of a sudden, as if it were out of some damn cliche high school movie, I was interrupted in mid-confession by my teacher who was glaring me down.

"Bakugou! Where the heck have you been?" She shrilly asked, looking as if the vein on her forehead was about to pop.

I looked at her astonished, astonished that she found out where I was, "How the hell did you find -"