~ Chapter Nine ~

!WARNING! This chapter contains a graphic description of (y/n)'s wounds, so if you are uncomfortable with blood and gore, I advise you to heed this chapter with caution !WARNING!

~ (y/n)'s POV ~

Flashlite handed me to Hydra, and they both ran into the hospital with me in Hydra's arms. I was too exhausted to hear the frantic conversation going on between the two pros and the lady at the front desk. Probably because of how dehydrated I was, and how much blood I had lost.

I kept fluttering in and out of consciousness, I wanted to be strong and prove to my dad, even though he wasn't here, that I could handle some rough housing without giving up! I didn't want him to walk in here and see his daughter lose consciousness over a few cuts and scrapes! I was st-stronger...than th-that...

I could feel my body go numb, and right there I was consumed by darkness and everything went deathly silent...

~ No One's POV ~

Hydra soon noticed that the little girl in his arms had passed out, and he started to panic. He scurried over to Flashlite and the receptionist and pleaded that they could get her in for surgery as soon as possible.

The receptionist nodded, and hurried back to her desk. She dialed a number and held the phone to her ear, "Sir, we have a small girl in the lobby who is unconscious with deep gashes on her body, and the area around her left eye seems to be injured as well...yes...uh-huh...thank you, Sir!"

She hung up the call and looked back to Flashlite and Hydra, "They're coming to get her now, we'll take it from here Heroes! Thank you for everything you have done tonight!" She reassured.

"T-thank you! M-make sure that she's treated well! T-that's the Number Two Hero's daughter, y'know!" Flashlite stammered, holding back tears as they took (y/n) back through the emergency room doors.

Hydra rolled his eyes, "She's gonna be fine ya big baby! She just needs stiches, man!" He reassured his partner.

"Y-yeah, but she was just so sweet! S-she asked me questions, and-"

"And this is why I tell you never to get attached, you big eyesore!" He reminded, dragging his partner by his forearm out of the hospital.

~ Time skip ~

After they got everything prepared for surgery, and she was under anesthesia, one of the nurses was tasked with the job of sterilizing the wounds before surgery so there wouldn't be any infections.

After she cleaned out the gashes on her limbs and torso, she moved her attention to (y/n)'s face. Her breath hitched as she saw the blood soaked cloth that was covering her left eye.

She gently untied the knot from the back of the head, and quickly removed the makeshift bandage from (y/n)'s face.

The nurse put a shaky hand to her masked face as she saw what laid beneath, and it was horrifying. The gash trailed from and inch above her eyebrow, to the top of her cheek. And the eye lid was almost slit in half, to the point where you could see the eyeball which was tinted red from being coated in blood. Even after she disinfected and cleaned the wound thoroughly, blood continued to flow.

She let out a sad sigh for (y/n), and turned back to the doctor, "She's all prepped, Sir!" She solemnly announced.

~ After Surgery ~

~ (y/n)'s POV ~

As soon as the darkness had come, it had left and my eyes fluttered open, well, eye. I looked around and saw who I thought to be a doctor talking to my family outside my room.

A smile appeared on my face when I saw mommy, Fuyumi, Natsu and Shoto. But as soon as I realized something, my smile faded.

Dad wasn't there...

You'd think that he would have enough of a heart to came and visit his daughter in the hospital, but no! I don't even know why I wanted him there in the first place, but he's my dad, so part of me still wants him there to comfort me I guess.

A nurse inside my room finished cleaning up and exited the room, but as she did, the moment the door was open for, I could hear a part of what the doctor had said.

"-she may not ever be able to see out of her left eye again-" he explained.

But then the door slammed shut.

All the color drained from my face. I may not be able to see? Was the cut really that bad? Well, I knew it was bad, but I didn't know that it was enough to make me go blind!

I started to hyperventilate, 'This can't be happening!' I thought to myself, 'It just can't!

After a few moments of panicking from the shocking news, I passed out.

~ Shoto's POV ~

"Everything went smoothly, and according to plan. We just needed to stich up her wounds and get her some fluids to keep her vitals steady." He informed.

I heard sighs of relief coming from my family. A huge weight felt like it was lifted off of my chest. A relieved grin appeared on my worried face knowing that everything was fine with (y/n). I was brought back to reality when the doctor started to talk again.

"With all that said," He started.

I felt myself slouch, nothing good comes after 'with all that said'!

"She did have a really severe gash through her left eye area, so she might not ever be able to see out of her left eye again." He explained.

That comment felt like a thousand stabs to my gut. I felt like I couldn't breathe and the walls were slowly closing in.

"But luckily!" He exclaimed.

God, he really has to stop leaving us on the edge of our seats with this devastating information!

"Recovery Girl was here to pay a visit to children in need. She came across your daughter, and healed her as best as she could!" He explained.

I felt the life slowly flood back into me, she was going to be alright!

"But we still don't know whether or not she will still be able to see. We have to wait a few days before she can take her bandage off."

At this point, I was ready to punch this man in the face for all the mixed signals he was sending me right now! I mean, come one man, I'm five! I can't handle all this suspense!

My whole family let out a relieved sigh at the news that she would most likely be able to still see out of her left eye.

I looked around at all of my family members with a smile. I knew that dad wasn't here, but being the jerk that he notoriously is, I wouldn't expect anything less! But something was wrong with this picture. I knew that Dad wasn't here, but it felt like something was missing...

I pondered on that thought for a second before realization hit me like a bus and my eyes widened.

Toya was gone...

A/N

Hello hello my Bugaroos! I hope you liked this chapter! I personally liked the part where the doctor kept torturing Shoto with the mixed signals the best, but feel free to comment what you favorite part was and what you might want to see come into the plot of this book!

Pinky promise me that you will vote, comment, add, and share this book with whomever you want! I really appreciate all the support this book has gotten in the past month and I thank you all so much for that!

Love you all, and stay safe my Bugaroos! MWAH!