Chapter Seven: Fated Battle

(A/N): Wattpad went down while I was writing and deleted a thousand words of progress, got so mad that I literally stopped writing for a couple of days to cool down. 

Anyways, attempt two, hopefully the website doesn't commit suicide randomly again.

(A/N 2): Wattpad went down again and ironically only saved the A/n and around 100 words

Anyways, attempt three, hopefully there isn't another A/N right below this one. 

Formatting:

"Speaking"

'Thoughts'

"K-423 Speaking"

'K-423 Thoughts'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mei leaped at the figure in front of her, swinging her blade in an arc and releasing a torrent of electricity.

The Herrscher of the Void dodged back to attempt to avoid it, but the stream of electricity was more persistent than she thought, pursuing her across the room.

Forming two lances, she blocked the electric arc barely before creating another one to block an incoming strike from Mei who had leaped up for an overhead swing. 

Seeing that she would be unable to power through, Mei leaped back before focusing her power onto her legs and delivering a swift kick to the Herrscher's abdomen. 

The leg connected and the force of her heels digging into the Herrscher launched her opponent onto the porch, stopping just short of the timeline.

She pressed this advantage, feinting a leap upward before an arc of lightning placed her back at eye level with the Void Herrscher. However, the move was expected, and she soon found herself staring into the Herrscher's palm as they gripped her head to flip her around. Unfortunately, being right in front of the timeline meant that there was a chance to accidentally touch it, and touch it they certainly did.

The two figures were pulled into the timeline, leaving an empty room behind. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The two ended up in a forest, possibly close to some important event nearby, but neither had that in their mind at the moment.

Mei charged up her energy, swinging her blade in an arc. Void just merely flew to avoid major damage, only suffering some shallow cuts on her leg while the force of the sing flattened half of the forest.

'It's time to get a bit more serious.'

Hundreds of lances shot from different directions with each one exploding upon impact, causing a huge dust cloud to kick up while Mei coated herself in energy and deflected as many as she could.

However, keeping this up forever was impossible, so she created a burst of electricity, deflecting the lances away as she used the opportunity to close this distance between the two of them.

Seeing her get closer, deflecting lances on her way, The Herrscher of the Void had to take defensive action, forming a shield of lances to block the incoming blade, but to no avail. 

The downward cleave powered with electric Herrscher energy split the lances in half and launched the void queen into a nearby lake.

Landing in pursuit, Mei prepared to charge the lake in order to fish out the Herrscher and deal significant damage, but the entire lake was suddenly covered in a thick layer of steam. 

She barely had time to react as a sideways cleave from a broadsword rammed into her mechanical arm, sending her tumbling away. 

"It's been a while since I had to do this, I commend you."

The void queen emerged, but rather than her usual outfit, she was utilizing the core of flames.

'Is this really the best way?'

The Herrscher of Flamescion questioned.

'It's best to have her blow off steam right now rather than later. Of course, having her come to terms with me would be a nice bonus as well.'

An arc of electricity snapped them out of their mental conversation, but the cut was sluggish at best, its previous ferocity seemed to have diminished.

The dust cloud cleared, with Mei looking conflicted.

"How do you have that? Why are you using that?!"

What was worse for Mei was the fact that the Herrscher's eyes seemed to settle on a color instead of inconsistently rotating between orange and blue.

The two sky blue eyeballs baring down on her made her chest tighten.

Her breathing got heavier as she rushed towards the Herrscher, who parried her strike with the flaming great sword and flung her into the now-evaporated lake.

The sensation of mud helped clear Mei's mind a bit and the shock she just received drained her anger completely.

At this moment the familiar face of Kiana showed up on top of her.

"Who are you?"

That's all she could ask, she had become unsure.

"I just recently answered that question myself...but I guess a simplification would be that I am K-423."

After all, K-423, the vessel for Sirin, the Herrscher of the Void, and Kiana Kaslana was the most coherent identity she could assume, and possibly the most accurate as well. Her mind had settled as well, the memories of Sirin and Kiana did not feel foreign anymore, in a sense she was now complete and non-conflicting.

'It seems that...she truly has changed'

Mei had noticed changes in the Herrscher already, but to have her suspicions confirmed made her lower her guard slightly.

After all, the Herrscher's original goal was to just spite her and get a sense of individuality. But having achieved that, she now had no reason to fight anymore.

This didn't mean that she trusted her completely, but Mei found it increasingly harder to not break down as she stared into the mostly blue orbs of K-423. Orange had occupied around half of both eyeballs, blending in with the blue almost seamlessly.

A hand extended in her direction snapped her out of her thoughts as K-423 helped her up to her feet. 

"So what should I call you? K-423 is a mouthful."

"Whatever is easiest for you I suppose" was the simple answer.

"Okay then...lets go back...Kiana."

In the end she still couldn't let her go, but just the notion of knowing that some part of her friend was left in K-423 was enough to bring a slight amount of peace to her heart. 

"Yes...I believe that we sill have a mentor to save."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/n): The fight scene was originally going to be longer until I realized that I suck at writing fights (its also my first time writing a fight scene). The multiple repeats I had to do was also frustrating but I've learned my lesson and the wonders of Google Drive.