Chapter Six: Familiar Face

(A/N): This chapter has a major change that I debated in my head for a few days, well anyway hopefully it works well.

Formatting:

"Speaking"

'Thoughts'

"K-423 Speaking"

'K-423 Thoughts'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raiden Mei wasn't sure how to react to the metric ton of events that just happened in the past few minutes. 

Apparently, a future version of her showed up, rescued Himeko, found Kiana, and then came here.

Oh yeah, there was also the fact that she seemed to be utilizing the full powers of the Herrscher of Thunder, but as for who is in charge of her body, she wasn't exactly sure, nor was she exactly sure about how to ask or start a conversation at all.

The version of herself in front of, well, herself seemed cold and unapproachable. A serious look was glued to her face and she seemed to be scrutinizing every move that she made. 

Meanwhile, the Herrscher of Thunder also didn't know what to do.

'How should I start a conversation...' She thought to herself.

Narrowing her eyes in thought, still glaring intently at herself from the past.

'She must have many questions for me.'

At this very moment, both Meis seemed to have reached a conclusion on how to appropriately start a conversation, and after a short moment of hesitation, both spoke up at the same time.

"So, nice weather today huh?"

"Uhm...nice weather today?"

Both of them froze in their place right afterward, staring at each other in an even more awkward silence. 

"Pft"

Theresa accidentally failed to suppress her amusement at this development, and let a sound slip out, garnering the attention of both Meis, one looking a bit more embarrassed than the other yet still fairly embarrassed. 

Coughing to get herself back in control, she started:

"I suppose it's time you began to answer our questions, yes? We are still quite confused."

The Herrscher in front of them just hummed in response

"Ask away" she replied, letting a comforting smile slip onto her face.

Raiden Mei didn't hesitate this time, and started off by asking

"Well...for a lack of better words...what happened?"

The Herrscher took a moment to think, and replied

"Well, its a bit of a long story..."

---------------------------------------------(Skipping cause I'm lazy)--------------------------------------------------

"And that's about it."

The conversation had ended, the feel in the air has become less tense, though the silence persisted for some time while everyone digested the information.

Suddenly, the door burst open, it was Tesla. She ran up to the Herrscher and grabbed her arms brazenly, making her flinch a bit from the sudden turn of events.

"Himeko needs your help! The gem inside her is acting up since it detected that the host is no longer capable of holding it, and out attempts to remove it have made it more agitated instead. The serum won't be done for a while, but we need to get that gem out now."