Chapter Three: Identity

(A/N): Writing college essays has drained my will to write and also made me forget what I wrote in the last chapter (my memory sucks ass). 

Formatting:

"Speaking"

'Thoughts'

"Herrscher of the Void Speaking"

'Herrscher of the Void Thoughts'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cautiously standing up, the Void Herrscher took in her surroundings again, giving herself a slight pinch on the back of her hand. 

"Stop checking, this is your mind."

Looking up, she saw a mildly amused Sirin, but it only served to confuse her more. Not only did what Sirin said not make any sense, but she had also lost the usual angry and vengeful tone to her voice.

'Screw it, I don't care anymore' the Herrscher thought to herself. 

She was mentally exhausted, but she still shifted her face to her usual indifferent mask. Nothing had made sense in the past few...days? weeks? She couldn't tell, after all, the space between time didn't really have an accurate measure of time. 

"So um anyway" A cheerful voice decided to break the uncomfortable silence that had befallen upon the group.

"We have been listening to you for the past few years, and we want to help!."

The Herrscher chuckled

"Help?"

"And why exactly would I need that?"

Hearing this, Sirin scoffed,

"I believe that you already know the answer to that. After all, us being able to reach you at all is a testament to how close to mental collapse you were."

Seeing that the Herrscher didn't have much of a visible reaction, she added,

"Also you're talking to yourself right now."

This managed to earn a sigh from the Herrscher, it did sound like she was mentally unstable, and maybe she was, but she just didn't see how the former Herrscher of the void, a walking mass of recklessness, and a floating arsonist rock could help with that. 

Relenting, the Herrscher said,

"What am I supposed to do then? Vent my problems to myself? Me being here, you two joining hands, it all just adds to my pile of unanswered questions."

"Well lets get to answering them then, shall we? We can't have you sulk forever, that would be boring and unproductive." Sirin replied

Continuing, Sirin first answers the question that is perhaps the most evident,

"For how we got together, well..."

"it's a bit of a long story, but long story short, me and Kiana here realized that we were not so different, it was just a matter of perspective and outer appearance."

"I wanted to take away what she had because I also long for that...care, to have a family, to be happy. While she just wanted to protect what she had, so that she can feel the care that I had experienced in that illusion all those years back. 

Taking a deep breath, Sirin says,

"We both just wanted a happy ending for ourselves. Whether that be wanting to have that companionship or wanting to keep a pre-existing companionship."