"Is that so?"

"Mhm. Think about it. I totally called this crap with Azrael."

Over the speaker, the pilot informed Liam that we would be landing soon. I sighed and glanced over at my dress.

"You still owe me a dress."

He laughed. "Sorry about that. I didn't mean to rip it."

"You totally meant to rip it!"

"Okay," he conceded. "But it was your fault. You left it on too long."

I laughed. "Of course it was my fault."

He leaned over and kissed my temple before getting up to dress. I slid off the bed in search of my underwear only to find it in his possession. I put my hands on my hips and looked at him expectantly. He sauntered over to me still holding the delicate material.

"I suppose you want this?" He teased.

A small smile touched my lips. "Yes."

"I'm not so sure I want you dressed."

"As much as I would love to go again, you heard the pilot. We're landing soon."

"Still," he said as he traced around the fresh bite marks on my neck. "I'm king and I make the rules. If I tell him not to land yet, he doesn't land."

I laughed. "Now you're just being arrogant."

I snatched the lace out of his hands and slipped it on.

"I didn't think it was possible, but you look even sexier like that."

I laughed. "Just give me something to wear."

He smirked and walked over to the small bag he had brought with him. He pulled out a dress I hated to wear. I knew he liked it, but I didn't. Still, I didn't have many options since most of our luggage was not stored where we could reach it.

I tugged on the powder blue dress and turned my back to him. I pulled my hair over my shoulder and let him zip up the dress.

He left his hands on my shoulders and kissed my neck right on the spot he bit me. A tingle shot through my body, eliciting a small gasp from me. I whipped around to see that smug grin.

"Now I know your weakness," he said triumphantly.

I rolled my eyes. "You think you do."

"Oh, I do."

"Yeah, whatever. Come on."

I pulled him out of the room by his hand. He ran his other through his tousled hair in an attempt to tame it.

Gradually, the plane started to decline. I looked out the window to see the place I had called home for a year. I wondered what would await us at the castle. Would the council step down like Liam thought? My guess was no. I felt like we would have a long, hard fight in front of us, but it would be necessary.

Liam sat next to me on a couch and reached over to take my hand. I wasn't sure if that fell within our rules, but I liked it regardless. I moved slightly closer to him. Even though we didn't speak, I knew he was content, maybe even happy.

"Were you staying in the servant quarters?" He asked.

I nodded.

He grimaced ever so slightly. "Not anymore. You will be living next door to me."

"And what happens if this ends badly? I don't want to be stuck next door to you for centuries."

"I don't see this ending badly if it ends at all."