Chapter 33 - Fire!

Mulai dari awal

"Here they are!" Charlotte said, seeing Stella in Nanny's arms. 

"Bye-bye darlings!" Robert said, giving Sybbie a hug. 

"Goodbye donk," she said, as Robert scoffed and stuck his arms out, while everyone chuckled. 

Stella was only six months old, she wasn't able to talk yet, but she sure was a cute pudgy baby and could slowly tell who was who now. She defiantly had Peters nose and lips, but had Charlotte's green eyes. 

"I think she looks like you Lottie," Edith said, smiling as Charlotte sat the baby up right. 

"I think she looks like Peter, the only thing she has is my eyes, but that cute nose is one hundred percent Peter," Charlotte grinned, booping her daughters nose before looking towards Edith who looked sad. Charlotte smiled and handed Stella to Peter before pulling Edith to the hall. 

"Is something wrong Edith? Because if something is, you can tell me," Charlotte whispered, so that no servants could hear them. 

"No, I'm fine. I'm just not used to being back," Edith shrugged not looking at Charlotte, as she nodded. Before going back in Charlotte pulled her sister into a hug. 

"I think something is wrong with Edith. She was acting weird when the kids came out and I tried to talk to her, but she wouldn't talk to me about anything," Charlotte sighed, "she said she is just adjusting to life back at Downton but I think something else is going on,"

"I noticed Tom is getting closed with that school teacher. I talked with him a little bit about her on the trip back," Peter said, laying down next to Charlotte and Stella. 

"DO you think he's going to propose?" Charlotte asked, as Peter sighed. 

"I don't know. He couldn't stop talking about her, but she goes against the family and what we believe in." 

"It's weird thinking about Tom marrying someone other than Sybil," Charlotte sighed, "they were so perfect for each other." 

"At least he'll be happy, right?" Peter asked, as charlotte sighed and nodded. "And Sybbie can have a mother." 

 "Did you hear that they want to build a memorial in the village," Charlotte asked, trying to move on from the thought of dead sister.

"Yes, it was quite the gossip in the village." Peter smiled. 

"Why?" 

"Because they offered chairman of the committee to Carson in stead of Robert," Peter said as Charlotte gasped, and covered her mouth to cover up her giggle. 

"Really! And what about Papa?"

"They asked him to be on the board, but not that chairman."

"Oh poor papa," Charlotte giggled, as Peter smiled and pressed a kiss to both Stella and Charlottes head. 

"Do you mind if we stay at the Abbey for a few days, Mama want to see Stella more and help out while I finish up some of my fashion line with Martin and Arthur?" Charlotte asked, as Peter took Stella from her arms and laid her down in the cradle. 

"Of course dear." 

"Are we doing anything special for your anniversary?" Mary asked Cora and Robert.

"What had you in mind?" Cora asked sitting next to Charlotte. "Well now that Tony's staying. I thought we could invite some people. make and evening out of it?" Mary smiled. 

"Well, you girls ask some friends. I'd like a young party for once, instead of all those old duffers," Robert joked as everyone chuckled. 

"Annd we're alright to stay her during your anniversary?" Charlotte asked her mother.