Ch 13; Love you til i turn to stone

Eivor felt weird.

She couldn't move. She felt like her body had turned to lead. Her eyes were open, yet she could not see. No matter how much she willed them to move, they would not. Not even her smallest toe would wiggle.

Her hearing, however, was still working perfectly fine. She had heard how Harry, Ron and Hermione had visited her.

She had heard Synin singing to her everyday.

She had heard Professor Dumbledore saying in a tired voice to Professor McGonagall that he would have to close the school if this continued. Draco hadn't visited her once, even though she had saved his life.

Ungrateful Jerk, Eivor thought.

All that darkness around her gave her plenty of time to think.

The big eye she had seen was the only thing she could remember before being petrified. That meant, that this creature's power lay in its eyes. And soon, after mentally going through a long list of magical snakes, she reached the same conclusion as Hermione.

There was a basilisk in the school.

'that was no basilisk, but a Jörmungandr' the raspy voice spoke to her.

what's a Jörmungandr? Eivor questioned her conscience

'a serpent with a deadly stare if stared directly in the eye, similar to a basilisk' 

The moment she realized this, Eivor was filled with fear. I have to warn them!, she though in panic and tried to move.

Of course, this was futile. She had no control over her body. So how on earth was she to move?

Come on!, Eivor yelled at herself, but she couldn't move.

'let me help, we are one Eivor, you are a god' the raspy voice said

She tried to move a toe, but it felt like the connection between her brain and her toe had been cut. It almost felt like she did not have a toe at all.

It was more like a toe-shaped piece of stone. But despite her failures, Eivor kept trying. She didn't know how much time had passed during her futile attempts of moving, but she felt a difference inside her after a while.

Her magic core felt stronger.

It hadn't been petrified with her, Eivor realized.

Not knowing what else to do, she focused on the warmth inside her chest. She pulled at it and experimentally tugged it into different directions, trying to get it to flow through her cold and hard body.

Despite the effort and strength this task demanded of her, Eivor imagine how this warm feeling spread into every toe and finger and through every vein. The warmth of her magic soon filled her from head to toe, her lungs started to expand whenever she took a breath making breathing easier. She tried moving again, and this time she finally managed a slight wiggle of her pinky.

Yes!, she thought triumphantly.

'keep going!' the voice encouraged

Her magic rushed faster through her body until the heat almost became unbearable. It thrummed through her, her body regaining its former warmth, but it felt like acid was burning her from the inside.

This had been a bad idea! A really bad one! What did I do?, Eivor thought in panic. 

'embrace it! don't fear it!' 

She was about to give up, when-

CRACK!

Her magic burst from her body and into the room. Eivor shot up into a seating position, the mirror falling out of her hand.