chapter 26 ➸ do it again

Start from the beginning

"You're just blaming me for all of your problems!" Lauren yelled, letting go of the sheet and standing up so she was facing Camila.

Before Camila knew what she was doing, her fist shot up and made contact with Lauren's jaw, sending the older girl stumbling a few steps backwards.

Camila immediately looked down at her hands and then back up to Lauren, feeling her heart begin to race. "I-I... oh my god, I'm so s—,"

"Do it again."

Camila jumped when Lauren interrupted her. The girl stood a few feet away from Camila, breathing shallowly.

"Wh-what?" Camila breathed, looking down at her hands and balling them into fists.

"Go ahead," Lauren sneered, taking a step forward. "Show me how much you hate me."

Camila bit her lip.

"Hit me," Lauren practically growled. "C'mon!"

Camila jumped when she yelled, half heartedly shoving Lauren's arm with her fist.

"Again."

She looked up at Lauren and shook her head, biting her lip.

"Again!" Lauren raised her voice and Camila gave in, throwing another punch against Lauren's shoulder, harder this time.

"Is that all you've got?" Lauren ignored the throbbing of her jaw and stared menacingly down at the smaller girl. Camila clenched her fists as she felt anger begin to build up inside her.

The smaller girl lurched forward, beginning to throw punches left and right against Lauren's torso. The older girl stumbled backwards, and suddenly they were both on the floor.

Camila's eyes were blinded by red heat, as she continued pounding her fists into the figure below her. She couldn't even control herself in the moment. Every ounce of built up anger was pouring out of her.

And suddenly she realized the figure underneath her was Lauren.

She froze, breathing heavily and looking down at the girl on the ground. Shaking, she studied her own fists, red from the impact. Lauren's eyes were squeezed shut and Camila could make out the red blotches on her face where her fist had come down extra hard.

"Oh my god," she breathed, scrambling off of the older girl and standing up. She couldn't take her eyes off of her balled up fists, refusing to believe what she had done.

"Did that make you feel better?"

Camila jumped when Lauren's voice broke the silence. She looked up. Lauren was standing a few feet in front of her, breathing heavily. The older girl was forcing herself to ignore the pain shooting through her body.

"I said, did that make you feel better?" she took a step forwards and Camila, in return, cowered backwards.

"I... I'm—," Camila shook her head and squeezed her eyes shut, feeling tears well up in her eyes.

"Answer the question, Camila."

Camila shivered at the cold tone in Lauren's voice. She felt hot tears begin to roll down her cheeks and she stood frozen, staring straight at Lauren and shaking her head.

"N-no..." she mumbled, hanging her head down.

Without another word, Lauren stormed out of the bus and slammed the door behind her. Camila stood frozen for a few seconds, taking in everything that had just happen. Her knuckles were throbbing, but she didn't care.

She collapsed to her knees in sobs, burying her head in her hands and feeling physically sick. Gasping for air, she heard the low rumble of a car's engine outside and a slamming door. Realizing Lauren had left, the tears continued to pour down Camila's cheeks.

"I'm not even kidding, Mani, he had a fanny pack on. I got out of there as soon as I c—Mila?" Camila froze when she heard three pairs of footsteps enter the bus. That's why her bandmates hadn't woken up, they hadn't been asleep.

"Camila, what's wrong? Where's Lauren?" The three girls immediately dropped their conversation and flicked on the lights of the bus. Camila winced when she felt Dinah tug her off of the ground and place her on the couch.

"What is going on?" Normani raised an eyebrow. Camila wiped her eyes, blinking a few times to let her pupils adjust to the light.

"L-lauren and I..." Camila bit her lip to suppress another sob. She shook her head and hid her face in her hands. The other three girls exchanged glances.

"Let's just go to bed," Normani sighed, offering her hand out to Camila. "We'll talk about this tomorrow."

Nodding slowly, Camila took Normani's hand and walked over to her bunk. She was exhausted. And terrified of what Lauren would say when she saw her again. Crawling into her bunk, Camila buried her head in her pillow to suppress her sobs.

a/n: so much angst in my fics lately omg. oopsssss. don't hate me.

- lena (@lenajfc on twitter, txrches on tumblr)