"No, he ate it to tease me!"

"Tease you?" Mike looked at me with a questioning grin.

"Yes! He knew it would annoy me!"

"And the bandage you came home with on your hands, was it also to tease you?"

"He's so overprotective! Such a pussy."

When we arrived at the fair it was already full of people there and then we arrived early. My parents were going to volunteer at the entrance where they sell tickets. They waved happily at me and Mike when they saw us before giving us each a big hug. Mom looked like a maid while dad looked more like an inquisitor.

"Ryan! How are you honey?"

"Just fine, mom. Hey dad."

"Hi son," Dad smiled, but I could see how he was really pissed off.

So far they both know, I haven't yet found a new fulltime job. I don't know why I didn't lie about my job at Reed's. But I guess they wouldn't believe how someone like me could work for someone like him. Instead, I lied and told them how I worked a little here and a there, jumping from place to place.

"How nice you two look! And Mike, so fun to see you darling," Mom hugged Mike hard. "How's it going to live with Ryan?"

"It is great, Anne. We're like brothers."

"Oh, I know. And your mother?"

"She's fine."

"Good to hear. I hope you two will have a fun day here today. Your costumes are so good."

"Thank you," Mike smiled. "Ryan is a noble prince while I'm his noble knight."

"I can see that," Mom snickered before turning to me. "Your sister is already in there with her friends."

"Becca?" I asked and mom nodded while handing us our wristbands. "Vendela and the others then?"

"Luka has a cold with a fever so they stayed home."

"Oh, so sad."

"Well, have fun you two! Maybe we'll see each other later during the tournaments and can have lunch together?"

"It sounds great!" I called back to her as we were led on by the crowd behind us who were eager to enter as well.

Mike and I always makes a competition of all the games and challenges that you can do during the fair. The one who wins most of the challenges wins and the loser must pay for next year's tickets.

I clapped my hands enthusiastically when the first thing we saw was a stand where you with a big sledgehammer would hit a block so that another block flew up to a bell. If you succeeded, you won a prize. None of us used to win at this game, but we competed against each other about who was closest and then Mike always won since he's stronger than I am.

"I begin!" I burst, giggling amused as I hurried to the sledgehammer and lifted the heavy tool. "I have done some exercise and practiced hitting! Now you will see some raw strength!"

"A result of all the heavy books, huh?" Mike crossed his arms over his chest while observing me and I grinned widely before I aimed... and hit. The block went almost halfway up... Or who am I kidding, it barely left the ground. "Wow, you surprise me."

"Stop being a sarcastic bitch! Try for yourself if you can!" I handed him the sledgehammer and watched as Mike got it almost to the top, higher than he has ever made it go. I gaped at him. "You must be cheating!"

"How can I cheat on this?!"

"I warmed it up for you!"

"You can only acknowledge me as stronger!" Mike grinned and I shoved him with my elbow. The man standing by the stand laughed as he received the sledgehammer.