[taehyun] • fate

Start from the beginning

That being said, the two of you spoke for a while, until eventually, he had to go.

The two of you said your goodbyes, and your day went about normally.

You did all of the things you needed to do, you made sure to fix your schedule and just do your responsibilities in general. Every now and then, you'd think back on the conversation you had with the stranger and you just can't help but turn to a smile whenever it comes around.

However, the existence of that stranger continued to remain in your mind for long months. Nothing much had happened. After waiting for a while, you thought that perhaps it wasn't meant to be.

•••

A whole year passed without anything too exciting. You had gotten a side job managing events and venues. For the day, you were tasked to make sure that everything was going smoothly while the guests were present.

You had a group as a guest. They were quite famous people and you knew that from the number of people who lined up to see them.

You thought nothing much of it at first, and you were even planning to leave the main venue to do rounds outside until you heard a very familiar voice introducing himself.

"Hi, I'm Taehyun." He said as he communicated with all the fans present.

You were frozen at first. You never thought you would hear that voice again. You tried to find him. You even when back to that chatting website to check whether you'd meet him there again. However, that failed. You were there for long hours, but you just kept meeting with people whom you were uninterested in.

As you continued comparing his voice to that of which you had spoken to, everything was so similar. You then concluded that perhaps it was really him.

"Taehyun..." You carefully unttered his name. "So if I'm right, then Taehyun is the one I've spoken to." When you said that, you couldn't help but laugh. You had thought of the probability of being able to talk to someone like him on a chatting website. The chances were just way too low.

It can't be him, right?

You posed so many questions to yourself, but you wanted to know if he would actually recognize you if you spoke.

Now, as if fate was pushing for something to happen, your co-intern gave you a small box of snacks and water bottles.

"These are to be given to the guests. I have to check on the systems backstage, so can you please do it for me?" She asked you.

Your eyes brightened up slightly. You smiled at her as you thought about how you were given a chance to heal your curiosity.

You gently receive the box from her and walked towards the stage to the members.

You were just going to leave the box to the managers, but they told you to distribute the water bottles as they were busy with managing the group.

Even so, you couldn't really say much. It would be unprofessional. All they heard from you was, "Here is a bottle of water." And nothing more.

You were hoping that Taehyun would recognize you, but he didn't. More than that, you weren't even sure if it was him.

You waited for a while, but he didn't seem to recognize you. He didn't turn his head once. You got the message from there. Perhaps it was just a false alarm. You just sighed and continued to do your rounds. Even if you had a slight distraction for a moment, you were still working and you want to keep it professional as much as you can.