[beomgyu] • dance with me

Sometimes there were never enough words to describe that quick change of emotions.

The way you could go from being so tired to being the happiest person in the world.

It was 11:30 PM and you had just arrived at your place.

Though you were exhausted, you were extremely excited to commence the following day.

It was your first anniversary with Beomgyu.

He said that he would call you when the clock hits midnight, and as in love as you were, it was a moment that you looked forward to.

So when the clock hit 12 you were looking at your phone, waiting for it to ring. But instead, it was your doorbell that rang.

You were so focused on your phone that you flinched a bit when you heard the doorbell ring.

Nonetheless, you were curious as to who it was, so you checked the camera outside.

When you saw who it was, you were quite shocked but more so touched.

You quickly ran to the door and unlocked it. And as you did a medium-sized cake box was waiting in front of you.

"Happy Anniversary, love," Beomgyu spoke in his soft and deep voice. And you—you were just taken aback. Your eyes went over and beyond as if they were rainbows that lacked the right colors. You were so happy that your heart was having its fireworks shows to celebrate your emotions.

"What are you doing here?" You asked him as you looked at the clock.

"I wanted to make this anniversary special since it's our first." He said to you.

You then moved out of the way and let him in your apartment.

Beomgyu then walked in with two bags in his hand.

"So of course, I brought food. But I think I have something that you'll love." He spoke as you were closing the door.

You raised your eyebrows out of curiosity as you looked at him. You then saw him bring out a small speaker.

You laughed, having no idea what he was planning to do.

"What are you planning?" You chuckled as you inquired.

He continued scrolling through his phone, "Hehe, Just wait and see." He replied.

You just smiled, waiting for what it was that he would do.

Then that song started playing.

The first song that you listened to together. The song that played at your first kiss.

The smile suddenly disappeared from your face as you were with confusion. But it was confusion with a sense of force. You were touched and moved that you couldn't smile because it was so precious.

"B-beomgyu..." You spoke as your voice broke slightly.

Beomgyu then set his phone on your table and reached his hand out towards you.

"May I have a dance with you?" He walked closer to you as he asked. He smiled warmly. He resonated with that feeling of warm coffee. He felt like a zone of books in a rustic library. There was a sense of safety with him.

You smiled as you took his hand, but there were tears of joy that fell from your eyes.

"Beomgyu-yah..." You said once more as you took his hand.

He looked at your eyes as though your eyes were pages of a book he loved. You could feel his affection. Despite not being measured by any means of numbers, you felt his love from the way he looked at you.

Slowly, as the music progressed, he held your hand and your waist as he slowly danced with you. It was as if nothing else had existed in the world but the both of you.

For that moment, you forgot all about what made you tired. It felt so magical as if you were residing and dancing gracefully in the steps of another world. The two of you looked at each other with so much passion as you allowed the music to take control of your story.

He spun you around, and at a point, you even accidentally stepped on his foot. Both of you burst into laughter, but you continued dancing.

Nothing could ever explain the happiness of that night as it felt that you were in another world.

When the song finished, you both sat down on the couch with exhaustion. Then he looked at you intently as though he was observing your every feature.

"Happy Anniversary again, my love." He said as he held your face.

"I love you." He then spoke.

"I love you too, Choi Beomgyu." You replied with the feeling of being the luckiest person in the world.