[taehyun] • coffee

note: hello! for this week until the next i might be posting shorter imagines. my exams are currently ongoing so i only have a small amount of time to write. nonetheless, i hope you enjoy these! 💕

•••

You were quite a busy person. You always had work and you never had any time for anything else in your life.

Though it was tiring, you always had a motivation to keep working. It was quite strange but you never seemed to question it. You do your work at the public library because not a lot of people go there and you appreciate the silence. But the best part was that there was always coffee waiting for you at the table where you always sat at. It's not like someone just forgot their coffee there, because it always came attached with a small note along with your name on it.

On the days that you were sad, the notes stuck on the coffee cup would be telling you to cheer up, then on the days when you're happy, the notes would say something about how nice you looked when you smile.

Though it might seem creepy for some, this was not something you found worrying. If anything, the notes always felt friendly and comforting. If anything, it was the only thing motivating you to keep going with your difficult work.

One time, you were mentally exhausted from all the things that your boss made you do, so when you sat at that same table in the library, you saw the coffee and the small note which read, "You did well today. Be proud of yourself." You immediately smiled upon seeing it. Even if these words were just random lines a stranger chose to make you smile, it helped you feel better and that was all that you needed.

Perhaps, as caused by the exhaustion you were feeling, you decided to take a few sips of the coffee and then take the note attached to it.

With your black pen, you wrote something on the back of the note.

You knew it was a rushed thing to say, but you hoped whoever it was that was giving you coffee will be able to see the message you wrote on the back of their note.

The following day, you immediately made your way to the public library from your workplace. You were very expectant that the person giving you coffee saw your note.

However, as you got into the library you were immediately disappointed because there was no coffee waiting on the table, and as you were seeing it, there was also no sign of your note being heard.

You smiled to yourself in disappointment. You knew you got too happy for no reason. You took a deep sigh and just accepted the fate of the day. You still had a lot of work to do, so you should be using your time wisely.

So you sat down where you always stay. You started to open your laptop. You put on some calming music and did a bit of reading with the new reports given to you.

You were intently reading the papers until a voice spoke.

"Excuse me, is this seat taken?" The voice asked delicately. You looked up to face the person who spoke. You were quite mesmerized for a few moments. He was beautiful, his eyes looked genuine and warm.

As you realized that he asked you a question, you shook yourself awake from your small trance. "Uh-yes..." You accidentally spoke, so you shook your hand and corrected yourself, "No—I mean the seat is not taken." You explained with an embarrassed smile.

"I see." He smiled as he spoke. "Do you mind if I sit with you then?" He asked you with his delicate voice.

"Go ahead." You smiled as you gestured for him to sit. "I don't mind at all." You continued.

You were quite interested in him, but you didn't want to make it obvious. That being said, you kept skimming through the papers, pretending like you weren't being conscious about him.

But then, as you were pretentiously reading, he brought out two cans of coffee from his bag.

You looked at the coffee with a smile. You saw a small note attached to it. Then the realization hit you.

You looked at him with a confused gaze. You would repeatedly allow your eyes to land on him, then you'd go back to staring at the can of coffee. He just looked at you with a warm and gentle grin. The sight of you being confused seemed to have been making him quite joyful.

You carefully took the can of coffee with a note on it.

"Did I satisfy your request?" The note asked. And your lips couldn't help but curl into a smile. Your cheeks were fired up and you were feeling all fluttery inside.

"Ah. So it was you." You looked at him once more with a masterful and sultry eye. You chuckled delicately, and he replied with a short laugh.

"Yes," He simply said. He then looked over towards you with concern. "I hope you don't mind if I got you a can of coffee instead of the regular. I just came from a schedule and didn't realize that the coffee shop was closed." He explained, rubbing his hand on the back of his hair.

"This is more than fine. Thank you." You spoke calmly. It wasn't difficult to be comfortable around him. He was sincere and he made you comfortable.

You kept looking at the coffee with that glimmer in your eyes. You desperately wanted to focus on your work, but your mood was quite heightened and alive.

You put down the papers you had in hand, then looked at him who was studying your expressions.

"You wanna get out of here?" You asked him, hoping that he'd say yes.

Instead of giving a simple reply, he stretched out his hand and asked, "Do you mind if I hold your hand?" You found that quite nice of him. You loved how he made you feel respected during every second he was with you.

"You know what, just for today," You spoke as you stretched out your hand to hold his.

He then looked at your interlocked fingers with a proud smile, and as you were both leaving the library with all of your things still on the library table, you turned around.

He thought you were going to get your things but all you ended up grabbing was the two cans of coffee.

"Okay, let's go." You joyfully smiled as your eyes were barely open. You both ran without any specific place in mind.

It was a sultry and calm night, but you found excitement in your boring life by a person who gave you coffee and made you feel special despite all the exhaustion of your day.

You two made each other laugh as you drank coffee.

For the first time, you didn't feel alone or afraid.

You didn't feel tired.