Answers.

"Afterwards, you spent more time with Jack?"

"There was no way around it. We practically were neighbors and since he painted the wall with the kids, they wouldn't stop blabbering about him. They constantly wanted to be around him and what was I supposed to do about that?"

That's true. Charlies brats were barely controllable. That's how they are, you give them a finger and they take the whole hand. I knew that and stayed calm like a cow. First, Charlie thought I was good with children and I didn't want to change her opinion about me. But me good with children? Ha!

Secondly, the kids were my only possibility to stay close to Charlie. I could do and say what I want, Charlie would not go out with me or visit me at home. She knew why, I knew why and you probably also know why she didn't want that.

So I spent everyday with the kids, pushed them on the swings, played Cowboy vs. Indians and slowly spent more time with Charlie.

Around that time, I also received Will's first answer. My boy William. He didn't understand a thing I said on the tapes and wrote: Hey Jack! This won't work out. I need a new code. Which book, which side, which line. End. What's about Plan C?

I swear, usually Will and I understood each other without words, but now he comes and tells me he doesn't understand what I'm saying? With Plan C he asked, if I was working. The poor guy probably thought I was starving to death. Charlie thought the same, always asking about work, work, work.

I didn't have a problem with working. My opinion with it was: when I work, than I work and when I relax, than I relax. Or was I not allowed to relax? But don't you dare think I planned on doing nothing for the rest of my life, I just needed a little break.

And I needed to stay close to Charlie. She was important to me. I can still see myself, how I sat next to her on the bench and watched her read. I always waited for her and the kids, always sat on the bench and waited for her to sit down. I always made sure the bench was clean and dry. I don't know if she realized I did that.

I already mentioned, that by now, I already belonged to the inventory of the kindergarten. Some sort of outside janitor. I barely went inside, always waiting outside on the bench.

Playing with the kids and pushing them on the swings already was part of my service so obviously, I also helped with the summer festival in June.

I blew up a ton of balloons and eventually, I fainted. Yes, it all became black and I fainted.

When I woke up again, my head lay on Charlies legs. She opened my shirt and massaged my chest. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the moment, unfortunately, I'm ticklish as hell and soon Charlie pushed me away again.

Charlie: It's because you don't eat.

Me: It has nothing to do with that. It's because of the balloons.

Charlie: If I don't have anything to eat, I buy some.

I grinned, I knew she was just happy I didn't die.

Charlie: And if I don't have the money to buy food, I would get a job.

Me: Who doesn't eat, shouldn't work.

Charlie didn't get it. I thought it was funny, but oh well.

The boss: Henry is here.

Charlie blushed. Hard. Then she looked at me as if I was a serial killer and left. I didn't understand a thing.

The boss: Henry is her fiancé.

He returned from the army that day. I wondered why Charlie didn't know that, didn't they send like a letter or something? And then she blamed it on me, Jack Wibeau, with that murderous look.

I left, I ran back towards my home, but first I looked at Henry. He wore a suit and tie, flowers in hand. I didn't see if Charlie kissed him. I didn't want to see it.

I immediately went home and grabbed the recorder so that I could send Will the next tape.

enough / the groom arrived / luckily i wasn't at the reception / it would've broken my heart / end

********

jack's heartbroken, poor guy. :(

First of all,

Hello! It's been a while but I guess I'm back now. I just finished my final year of school and had a bunch of exams and shit so I didn't really have time to write. Also, my laptop is still broken and it's literally such a pain in the butt to write on my phone. Like, please understand if this is like weirdly formatted and mistakes and stuff. I literally just got my phone :(

anyway, next week i have three oral presentations but I still finally wrote this. Applause anyone?

I really love you guys and all the votes and reading lists this book had been added too and over 2k reads! helloooo? amazing!

who missed will as much as I did? I love will, he's adorable. at least how I picture him. aaaand nat wolff is who I picture as will cause he's just adorable. I still don't know who I picture Jack as, idk, I guess he's just this mistery guy in my head, oh well.

if you read until this point, I love you even more! :) xx