"We aim to please," Peeta assured.

"Oh Taiya," Romulus touched her arm. "If only Seneca was here to see what became of them. He just adored you two."

"Yes, what did happen to Seneca?" Katniss asked bluntly. Taiya looked at the girl. She definitely knew the truth, and she was pushing her luck.

"A terrible accident," Romulus said glumly. "Who knew he was allergic to shellfish," Romulus repeated the lie the family had been told.

"We're all devastated," Taiya said mournfully.

"If you will excuse me. My wife appears to be trying to chat up a victor from 1," he said in alarm before racing off. Taiya looked over to where he was off to, only to spot his wife hanging off of Gloss' arm. He kept trying to brush her off, but she was clinging.

Taiya sighed before she turned back. "I want to apologise for my behaviour when you visited my District. I was upset but there was no need to make you feel unwelcome," she said begrudgingly. Haymitch nodded in approval.

Her apology received mixed responses from the victors though. Katniss merely scoffed. Peeta, however, was more open to her apology.

"Please, we understand perfectly," he smiled widely. "No need to be sorry."

"Katniss?" Haymitch pressed.

"What?"

"You know I think if you two moved past your little hissy fits you might actually get along," Haymitch suggested. Even Peeta looked unsure about that. Katniss wasn't exactly a friendly person. Even in District 12 she really only had one or two friends.

"Why would I want to be friends with her?" Katniss asked quietly.

"Why would you not?" Haymitch exhaled in frustration.

"She's an enabler."

"An enabler?" Taiya scoffed.

"You were engaged to Seneca Crane. I remember you. Sitting up there with them, watching us present our skills. High and mighty. You wanted to be one of them. Part of the society that profits off of children dying. You're so upset about a girl wanting to volunteer but what about the rest of us?"

"You don't know anything," Taiya said quietly.

"She's right Katniss. Stop," Haymitch warned.

"I was in Games at one point. I know exactly what they are. They don't end though. We're all still in the Games. Don't make assumptions," Taiya said quietly before storming away.

"What?" she heard Katniss ask Haymitch.

"Not the place for this discussion," he shut down harshly. "Go mingle. I'm going to go and apologise to her. She's a good ally in this place Katniss," he snapped before running after Taiya who was quickly trying to make a getaway. "Taiya, Taiya," he called out as he grabbed her arm, making her spin around. "Look, I'm sorry about that ok."

"I'm not an enabler," Taiya stuttered. "Am I?"

"No," Haymitch said after a small pause.

"I didn't want to be up there," she said quietly. "I didn't have a choice."

"I know that," he agreed. "But she doesn't. Imagine how you'd see it if you were her."

"Am I an enabler?" Taiya asked.

"No. You're not. You're the reason that girl is alive right now. You're the one who charmed that Capitol man into getting her the burn cream. You're not like them."

"I could've said no. I didn't have to be involved like I was."

"Then you'd end up like me. Like Johanna," Haymitch reasoned. "You don't want that. The only friends I have are in this room. Everyone else is gone."