Chapter 40 - An Ordinary Fairy

POV General:

After dining amidst the mess of battle, Farah and Saul had isolated themselves to his flat to recharge their batteries.

The Specialist was holding his fairy close, aware that she might not have been by his side if things had gone differently.

"I was so scared for you, Fa, after what happened last time," he admitted in a whisper.

"The important thing is that Rosalind was stopped, that Bloom is back to normal and that everyone is safe," she smiled happily.

"That's true, and it's all thanks to Beatrix," he agreed.

"What a brave girl, she stopped Rosalind, found common ground with the witches after figuring out how to harness her powers, and on top of that, she saved dozens of lives, including Ben's," the headmistress enthused, admiring.

He placed a sensual kiss on her neck.

"You helped save your daughter's life too," he replied.

She burst out laughing.

"You're funny, Bloom did all the work."

"Speaking of work, we've got our work cut out for us with all the mess this afternoon and your flat to renovate," her partner sighed.

"We'll be fine, the Blood Witches promised to help us."

"We should have made Rosalind do the work," he joked.

Farah nodded: he wasn't wrong, but it was too dangerous.

The mind fairy recalled her rival's defeat, and more importantly, her newfound memories.

"When Rosalind lost her powers, we were able to access the stolen memories," she revealed in a gentle voice.

A glimmer of hope lit up her companion's face.

"What did you see?"

"I saw Rosalind take Bloom to the First World, I felt the pain of being separated from my daughter," she told him, her face closed. "You, Ben and Rose tried to convince her to give her back to us, but when we locked her up, she wiped our memories. I also found out that Roger and I had named Bloom Norma."

The Specialist clutched her face in his hands, reassuringly.

"It must have been very difficult, but the important thing is that your daughters know the truth, especially Bloom."

Farah smiled, feeling the warmth of her Specialist. He always found the words to make her feel better, and by his side she felt ready to climb mountains.

***

In his room, Ben was lying on his bed, regaining his strength, surrounded by his family, Stella, Ricki, Tecna, Musa and Aisha. They had all witnessed his recovery from the coma. Luna, on the other hand, had decided to meet him later in order to be alone with him.

His blood transfusion had gone well, and as soon as his condition had stabilised, he had been carried to his room.

Sitting beside him, Sam filled a glass of water and handed it to him to rehydrate.

"Here, Dad, this will do you good."

He took the glass and drank greedily after thanking his son.

Terra and Flora had prepared a light meal of salad, pasta, chicken and cheesecake. He would not be dining with the Queen, but no matter, he knew that the reunion would certainly be festive.