Ending III - The Dimples I

Start from the beginning

"With me then." I suggest. Then I'll lure him to participate in our silly group.

San doesn't answer me back but he suddenly lies down, laying his head on my lap. He shuts his eyes as if to tell me that he's sleeping so I should stop talking. I playfully scrunch my nose at him and take this opportunity to inspect his beauty closely.

"You should cut your hair and shave your beard, I can barely see your handsome face." I complain while trying to brush his hair away from his face.

A corner of his mouth immediately lifts upward. He grabs my hand and presses it against his cheek.

"Star," San opens his eyes.

I hum, staring at him.

"Can you stay with me tonight?"

For the nth time, he makes my heart beat like crazy. I blink rapidly upon hearing his request. Heat rushes to my cheeks but I know he doesn't have an ulterior motive.

But when I notice a glimpse of loneliness hiding behind his smile, my heartbeat slows down.

An answer arises from my heart before my head is able to think.

"I-"

Before I answer him, the door suddenly bursts open. I startle by the sound while San gets up without letting go of my hand. A blanket that covers his body falls down to the floor. We turn to see the intruder at the doorway.

The first mate's mouth twists in a strange smile, looking at us awkwardly. Someone shorter stands behind him.

"Err...m-mate," Wooyoung stammers when his best mate gives him a cold stare. He is reluctant to speak until the person behind his back pinch his shoulder. He lets out a painful yelp and whip his head toward me.

"Hey, Little Star," Wooyoung greets me.

I raise my eyebrow at him. He doesn't finish the sentence as he keeps glancing at San. I hear a frustrated groan from behind him and a blonde haired woman peek from his back.

"Princess, Yeosang needs your help with the medicine." Yeojin begs me with her fake cute voice.

"Oh." I turn to look at San since he just asks me to spend a night with him. However, his expression remains stoic.

"C'mon, Starrr, Yeosang needs you." Yeojin tries to push Wooyoung into the room, but that guy's feet remain glue to the ground of the doorway as he peers at his roommate unnervingly.

"Well." I bite my lower lip, looking back to San again.

"You can go." San says in an emotionless tone.

Yeojin lets out a victory noise then her mouth forms into a scowl. "Excuse me, why're you shirtless?" She glances between San and me skeptically.

I see San's mouth shape into a devilish smirk as his answers echo into every cell in my body.

"Star didn't want me to wear a shirt."

The signature smell of sickbay torture my nostrils. I wouldn't step into this room if it's not because of my Angel. As Yeosang will distribute the medicine to the villagers tomorrow, he needs labor. There are a lot of empty jars that wait to be filled with green terror. He'll have to pull an all-nighter to finish all of these.

The ship sways from the storm that finally hit us. The air turns colder when it's getting deeper into the night. I tighten the smelly black coat that San gave me earlier and diligently grind the herbs.