Ending III - The Dimples I

Start from the beginning

Deep down, I know the reason I came to see him isn't purely because of Jack.

I came here because of...what?

I ask myself the question that I'm still unsure of the answer.

My eyes travel from his face down to his left shoulder where a large scar is present on it. It's the scar that he got from helping Wooyoung when he was attacked by sea monsters. The memory of the monster biting into his shoulder is still clear in my mind. My heart squeezes in pain from the thought of it.

My hand reaches to touch the angry brownish scar. I feel his skin jump when I trace my finger along the bumps on his uneven skin. He quickly grabs my hand away from his scar, slightly frowning.

"It's ugly." San mutters.

I shake my head. "That's not true. You saved your friend's life. There's no ugliness in your scar." I say and receive a heavier frown from him.

San peers at his scar and back to me. He suddenly gets up and heads toward a drawer, pulling out a black shirt.

"No, don't wear your shirt!" I cry out as I don't want him to hide his scar from me.

But I guess my sentence came out seriously wrong as San froze on the spot. He slowly crane his neck toward me with a blank face. If it was the other guys, they would tease me for saying shameless things. But this is San. He doesn't know how to joke.

The atmosphere couldn't get any awkward. Thunder suddenly roars in the moment of silence.

I bite my inner mouth and try to find a word to fix the situation. "The storm is coming, it's getting cold, so yeah, you should wear your shirt. I don't want you to get sick."

After making a lame excuse, I inwardly approve of my smart brain. However, instead of wearing his shirt, San proceeds to rummage through his drawer and pulls out a black coat that I've never seen him wearing before. He returns to the bed and wraps the coat around my body.

"You'll get sick." San murmurs quietly while sitting back down.

My heart skips a beat. I peer at the coat that smells musty, and a grin breaks on my face. "Thanks. But aren't you cold though?"

I ask him the question, knowing that this guy barely feels cold. I place my hand on his forearm and his skin is cool to the touch as I expect.

"Um." San hums in his throat but doesn't elaborate what he meant. So I guess he's cold?

I scan his bed and spot a thin blanket at the end of the bed. I pick it up and shift closer to him, covering the blanket around his shoulder.

A tiny smile spreads on his lips. San wraps his arms around my waist out of the blue and rests his head on my shoulder.

"It's warm." He whispers, hugging my body closer to his.

And again, his gesture makes my heart pound against my chest.

My arms slowly embrace him back. My mind drifts to the rumor of San when I was away. His condition was worrisome. He had completely shut himself off from the outside world and his friends. He even named the previous ship 'Losing Star'.

Although San began to open up once I came back, I still see that he barely interacts with the others.

"You should hang out with us more." I rest my head on his shoulder, feeling comfortable in his embrace.

"No." San answers right away.

I sigh. I swear this guy sometimes acts like a kid. If the crew see this side of him, they'll regret ever being scared of him.