4. Is That Real Blood?

"Yeah, the reservation is under Byers." Jonathan said into the phone. "Can you check again?" He anxiously paced as far as the cord would allow. "Okay, thank you." He sighed as he placed it back on the wall.

"Anything?" Will asked.

"They say she isn't staying there."

"I feel like we've called every hotel in the state." You said.

"Where could she be?" Mike asked.

You all turned your heads towards the front door when you hears the bell ring.

"Who could be here at this time of night?" Jon asked as he opened the door.

There stood a woman and two men in suits. You had no idea who they were, or what they wanted.

"Jonathan Byers?" The woman asked.

"Yeah. Who are you?"

 "My name is Agent Stinson. These are Agents Wallace and Harmon. May we come in?"

"Are you FBI?"

"Not exactly. We work with Dr. Sam Owens. May we come in?"

He stepped aside and let them in the house before locking the door.

"You all might want to have a seat."

You did as they said and sat on the couch as they stood in front of you.

"Why are you here?" Will asked.

"Something strange is happening in Hawkins. Something unlike anything we've ever seen."

"What do you mean?"

"Murders."

"What does that have to do with us?" Mike asked.

"Two Hawkins High students were killed. Their bones broken and eyes ripped out."

"Chrissy and Fred." You whispered.

"Excuse me?" The woman asked you.

"Um, my friend told me that Chrissy and Fred had been killed. She also mentioned that something strange was happening."

"So, who or what is doing these killings?" Jonathan asked.

"That's what we're trying to figure out."

"Where is Eleven right now?" Mike asked.

"For her safety, it's best you don't know. All I can say is that she's training."

"For what?"

"To get her powers back."

"How long is that gonna take?" Will asked.

"Weeks? Months?"

"Months?!"

"Until then, Agents Harmon and Wallace will stay with you."

"We're not the one in danger!" You told her. "Our friends and family live in Hawkins!"

"I'll work to contain the situation until Eleven is ready. In the meantime, it is very important that you do not speak to anyone about this."

"No!" Mike exclaimed.

"I know this is difficult."

"It's impossible!"

"We cannot risk contact. Members of our government are looking for Eleven as we speak. If they find her, she will we jeopardized. If she is jeopardized, so is your friends and family."

"How do we know for sure that you're not the bad guys?" Jon asked.

"Eleven trusted us. We're asking the same from you." She pulled a small envelope out of her pocket and handed it to Mike. "For you."