I gave it a sharp knock, and smiled contentedly. At least the piece of junk was smart enough to respect my knuckles.

My eyebrows shot up as I read the opening line:

Hey, this is @JulesRocks doing this sexy poet’s about me section! ^_^

Then I grimaced.

Forget a chunk of words for the rest of it, she had written a whole freaking commentary! I bit hard on my lip and prepared for the worst as I forced myself to read the rest of it.

“Yeah, yeah… blah, blah, blah!” I muttered. Was it even possible for one person to be that sickeningly sweet and annoying?

That Jules girl had posted a bunch of crap about how they met on Wattpad and then in real life and then- I couldn’t keep reading.

Was this an invasion of privacy? Not so much. After all, she’d posted up on Wattpad for all to see.

But then, why did it feel so wrong?

There was a zoom sound and the screen went black.

“Ugh!” I exclaimed, throwing up my hands. Talk about bad timing for dead battery. But then, I had prayed a while before. Maybe this was the big guy’s way of saying, ‘Thou shalt not spend another minute on Wattpad Aisha!’

It was time to hit the hay.

I swear that my head was barely on the pillow when the alarm went off. Furrowing my brows, I rolled over to get a look at the time.

“Holy mother of- 6:00 AM!” I hopped up from the bed, only to feel my body being lurched downwards face first. As my forehead met the carpeted floor of my room, I cursed aloud.

“Aisha, stop trolling around!” My mother yelled up at me.

“Yes, because I find pleasure in torturing myself,” I mumbled as I pulled myself to my feet. I was definitely not in the mood for swim practice, and my bad attitude seemed to rub off on all my other team mates. The laps we usually accomplished in that early morning training seemed far fetched compared to the day’s performance.

“What’s up with you guys?” Coach Carter barked at us with a disappointed frown as we changed. She stepped closer to me and although I crossed my fingers behind my back, the waterworks were unavoidable. “Put the power pep back in the practice people!” I wiped my cheek off with my towel. P’s were so not for her.

"Aisha, I completely forgot about coming over!” Alexa caught up with me as I made my way out of the locker room. She somehow managed to be in a good mood even after our lousy practice. I nearly snickered but somehow managed to keep my face passive.

“Oh?” was all I said.

Yeah, I wasn’t looking forward to it either. Don’t get me wrong, I love Alexa, but I love my personal space even more. It was bad enough that I had to live with a brother. So bringing over another person to dig through my stuff asking stupid questions wasn’t all that appealing.

“… and I was going to ditch tennis but we have a match coming up, so, yeah. And can you believe that I have volleyball and netball back to back?!”

Actually, I thought that it was pretty obvious that if you were going to participate in every sport the school offered, you’d have a packed schedule, but Alexa’s a slow processor. I etched my face in sympathy.

“That’s too bad.”

“Yeah. Some other time then, I guess. Later!” I furrowed my brows. Usually, we walked the few blocks over to Big Sal’s after every Saturday morning practice. “That is your dad’s ride, isn’t it?’ I followed her gaze to where my dad’s brand new chevy was cruising the parking lot.

I nodded at her. “Later.”

“There the bird brain is!” Darren said as I ran up to the vehicle. I pinched his cheeks and wrung it. “Ow-ow-ow! Dad, ow! Tell her to leave me alone!”

“Aisha.” Dad sounded annoyed, but his face was glowing. There was something different about him as well.

“Hey daddy.” I smiled sweetly and walked around the vehicle to drop my bag in the back seat, then got in the front passenger seat beside him. Was that cologne? Expensive cologne?

“Got a hot date?” I was only joking of course, but dad didn’t laugh. He blushed.

Turning away from him with a perplexed look, I pulled at the unsuspecting Darren’s cheek. “Where’s mom brat?”

“Ow! Dad!”

“Aisha, don’t pinch your brother!”

“But he’s just. So. Cute!” I exclaimed in a sarcastic tone, letting go of his face nevertheless. Darren glared at me and slid as far away as possible, sticking out his tongue at me.

“Kids, I want you to be comfortable, but not too comfortable,” Dad suddenly said. What was he talking about now? We weren’t heading in the direction of home. Not our home with mom anyway. Maybe he’d finally updated from that crummy apartment!

At that time, he pulled into the driveway of a spectacular cream colored building. If he had an apartment in that thing, it was bound to be a little palace.

“Cool, you got a new place!” I exclaimed, my nose pressed on to the glass as he put it up.

Dad chuckled. “I never said I was going to marry Bethany, Aisha. I just want to see how it all works out first.”

The world around me came caving down at that moment, silencing all other sounds but the eager thudding of my heart. Did dad just say marry?Bethany? I blinked my eyes a few times, fast and hard. He brought us to his girlfriend’s house without even warning us?

“Come on out, Aisha!” Dad called, already at the door as the rain began to pour down.

Just great. Wasn’t that a sign?

I dug around in the car but couldn’t find an umbrella. I looked up to see a tall lean figure approaching the car with two umbrellas. I opened the door and quickly got out as I opened the second one over me.

“Um, thanks,” I mumbled.

“There’s a way you can repay me, you know?” My eyes widened and I clenched my fist tightly.

That voice was familiar. Annoyingly familiar.

A warm body pressed close to mine. Caught unaware, I spun around, doing the most natural thing. My elbow shot backwards and connected with a hard, alerted midsection.

“F*** Aisha!”

I looked up, horrified to see Shane Mason holding his midsection and doubled over in pain.

“What the hell are you doing here?” I practically screamed at him, my elbow feeling like it would fall off any second. Who knew where Shane’s um, thing had been recently?

 “I live here!” He tried to straighten but cringed. “F***!”

My eyes turned to saucers in realization.

Oh crap. 

A/N: Well, that was it folks! I'm sorry about the delay in update but I've been really busy lately. Hopefully, the new chpapter will be up sonner. Thank you for all the reads/comments/votes! Still can't believe I hit 1,300 +! You guys are awesome!

This is where it all starts! What are your thoughts? How will Aisha handle this new turn of events? Stay tuned for the next chapter to find out! Remember, votes are nice but comments are even better!

Thanks to @APicturePerfectMe for answering the last question correctly and the others for trying!  Dedication goes to you for all the crazy awesome support! You're awesome!

New question- Does Shane have any relation with Jules' mom? If yes, What is it?