Chapter 14 Goodbye

Start from the beginning

Star squealed the high kicked him aiming for his head.

But he blocked it holding her foot. As she struggled to get passed his hand and make contact with his head. She then put her leg down even more embarrassed and ran in the opposite direction.
He got dumped . The little girl walking with her mom said.
He got dumped. His mom said. Then the cat meows saying the same thing. Kyo sighed leaning on the pole.
I'm not gonna lie, that hurt. He then clenched the pole. Then started to run in the direction star ran.
What the hell! I messed up. I handled that all wrong. I'd decided... that since it was over, since there was nothing else I could do, nothing else left to say... no place for me... then at least...
If there's anything else you think you might need, just say the word. Yuki said, sitting on the side of star's hospital bed.
Thanks. I should be alright for now. Star said, smiling at yuki.
You're okay? Yuki asked.
Of course I am. You're talking to an ex gang leader. This is nothing. Heh. star said giggling.
Listen, about kyo... he just– yuki looked over at Star seeing her start to cry.
Ah! Sorry, just ignore me! Star said slapping her face.
Your injury! Yuki said in a worried tone. So, uh, how are things going back at home? I bet the laundry has really piled up, huh? And the dust, too. Oh! And what about the grocery shopping? Toilet paper...
There's this pain in my chest.
Kyo: I'm disappointed in you.
It hurts so much. Just hearing his name is a knife to my heart. I can't go on like this. I need to move forward. Find some way to get past it. If i don't, it will hurt everyone. Even kyo. I can't do that. I can't. Smile. Smile. Smile! I decided i'd smile the next time i saw him. I even practiced, smiling over and over again. But it was no use. I told myself it was okay, and that it wasn't a lie. Surely i would be fine, even without him by my side. I would smile and accept that this is the way things are.
Kyo walked up the stairs and saw star sitting down lost in her thoughts.
If i could just do that, it would be all right. Star opened her eyes and saw kyo standing a few feet away from her.
But i wanna be with him. I want it so badly. It hurts. So much. Kyo started to walk towards her.
Wait. stay back. Please. Just for a bit. Kyo didn't stop walking towards her.
It's no use. I can't control them. Please. One second. Star pleaded turning putting her hands over her eyes so he wouldn't see. Kyo got closer to her.
Stop it. Stop it. Stop crying damnit! I don't wanna upset him. I don't want him to hate me. I don't want him to be... kyo grabbed stars wrist pulling it away from her face making her gasp. She looked up at him.
...even more disappointed in me.
Hey. i was completely selfish, wasn't i? Kyo kneeled in front of her holding her hand. I just confessed all my own sins, said everything i wanted to say, and trampled all over your feelings. Then i ran, even though i know sometimes in this world, you don't get the chance to see someone again. To say you're sorry. I know that. But... if i'm just going to repeat history, well, then, how's that any different than knowing nothing at all?
Kyo.
I'm sorry, for making you cry. I'm sorry I hurt you so much. This is the last time. I'm fine with that. I don't need another after this, but will you please give me one last chance? What I want is to be with you. If I'm going to keep living, I wanna do it with you. You and nobody else. Star's eyes widen with each word. Because... I love you. Kyo said, then stared at there hands. So... um... kyo looked back up to star staring at her eyes. Does that mean... i'll stay by your side? That we'll... be together? You're saying i can be with you, stay close to you and hold your hand? Star asked softly, making kyo smile.
You know, you already are. Kyo said, making star gasp realizing he's right. She was close to him and holding his hand. Even if it's been said dozens, hundreds thousands of times... even if the words are worn-out cliche... they're still true. Kyo brushed star's hair beside her ear then leaned in. This really is... like a dream.