The Opening Match

Start from the beginning

Jasper looked over at Harry confused. "Do the Slytherins hate the Gryffindors or something?"

"They hate all the houses." Harry replied. "But especially Gryffindor."

"Why?" Jasper asked.

"I think the whole Gryffindor, Slytherin rivalry started way back in the founders days." Harry said, excited to be able to talk about his favourite subject. "Godric Gryffindor, and Salazar Slytherin got into a-"

"New captains Wally Jones, and Derek Bell approach one another for a customary handshake...and the snitch is released." Jasper watched as the little golden ball zipped up in the sky. "We're off!"

Jasper, and Marty almost leapt out of the stands with excitement, and Harry had to remind himself that he was not going to be able to hold anyone's attention with a quidditch game going on, especially when it was in fact Jasper's first time watching one.

The commentator's voice echoed throughout the stands. "Bell with the quaffle...dodges Jasper Kensington's bludger - round to keeper Jones, and - shoots, and...10 to 0 Gryffindor!"

Everyone cheered, the Gryffindors went ballistic. Jasper was once again jumping up, and down. "Wow! That was awesome!"

"Jasper, Hufflepuff didn't even score yet." Jonathan told him.

"Yes, but it was still cool!" He exclaimed.

"Quaffles in Hufflepuff's possession now." The commentator's voice was saying. "Bones with the quaffle...down the pitch...Rowling dives, but Bones scored! Tied game!"

It was the Hufflepuffs turn to go crazy. "Yes, go Amelia!!" Jasper shouted. Harry thought for a second that Jasper was going to fall with the amount of energy, and enthusiasm he was displaying, and that is when Harry noticed that Maryrose had a camera out, taking photos or possibly even a video of the game.

"Be careful , you don't want the rain to damage it." Harry said, realising they should have brought an umbrella.

"Don't worry, my sister put this waterproof charm on it." Maryose told him, taking another photo of the game.

As the game progressed, the more intense it got. The quaffle was being passed player to player, the bludger flying every which way. At one point Harry saw the snitch, but it zoomed away in the blink of an eye. Bilius Weasley ended up scoring at one point, and the Slytherins booed, and Lucius said something that made Bilius almost attack him, but the Gryffindor quidditch captain, Derek stopped him.

Maryrose shook her head. "Slytherins have such bad attitudes."

"I know!" Gifford exclaimed, shaking his head. "They aren't even playing."

"I should hit them with a bat." Dorothy muttered.

"Dorothy." Penelope started in a stern tone of voice. "What have we talked about?" After finding out Dorothy had hit James Potter with a bat, she had given Dorothy a long talking to about why you shouldn't hit people, let alone with a bat.

Dorothy sighed. "No hitting people with bats."

Marty, and Penelope nodded. "Thank you."

"Maybe set Venom on them?" Harry suggested.

Penelope hit Harry with her hat. "Don't give her ideas, I thought you were the level headed one."

"Dorothy has rubbed off on me."

Gifford sighed. "Well now we're in trouble."

They turned back to the game that Marty, and Jasper had not taken their eyes off of, and all of a sudden the Gryffindor seeker shot towards the right, the Hufflepuff seeker following behind, but Alex Timminan had caught it before the Hufflepuff seeker, a girl named Victoria Padlove even had the chance.

The Gryffindors went ballistic at the sight. "I don't believe it!" The Ravenclaw commenter called out. "Gryffindor wins the snitch 160-90. Good try Hufflepuff!"

Jasper turned to the Hufflepuff first years with wide eyes. "That was the best thing I have ever seen." He stated in an awed voice.

"But we didn't even win." Jonathan said, as they all made their way out of the stands, and onto the grounds.

"But it was still the coolest thing I had ever watched in my whole entire life!!!" Jasper yelled, excitedly. "It was like - like - I can't even explain it, it was just so cool! The chasers formations, the beaters in action, the crowd - it was just so awesome!!" Jasper was still filled with excitement, possibly even more excitement. This quidditch match was in fact one of the greatest things he had ever seen. A few months ago he didn't even think flying sports were a thing! He wondered if his brothers would like to hear about it. He really wished he had been able to film it, but he didn't have a camera, but nevertheless, Jasper would have to write them, and see how they were holding up.

Marty was skipping. "It was a great first match! Even though we lost..."

"Did you know it was James who saw the snitch?" Jasper asked excitedly.

The others turned to him. They were at the door going into the castle. "What do you mean?" Harry asked, interested.

"Well I heard him say to Alex that he had seen the snitch, and seconds later he caught it!" Jasper exclaimed.

"Wouldn't that be cheating?" Dorothy asked.

Maryrose shook her head. "Not really."

"I can't believe James saw it so easily!' Jasper was saying as they entered the castle. "First he caught the gumball, and now he helped their own seeker with his good eyes." He smiled. "James is really talented! He would make a great seeker!"

Gifford laughed. "You do realise you're talking about your possible future competition?" Jasper looked over. "If James really is as good as you're making him out to be, you better start working."

"I will!" Jasper told him, determined. "But our team did really well today anyway!" He smiled. "Cara was so quick on her broom, and Lee is a really good keeper. Everyone did great."

Marty nodded. "I can't wait for the next match!"

They headed back to the common room, and told the Hufflepuff Quidditch team they did a great job, and then went up to their dorms. The match, despite how fun it was, was wet, and muddy, so they were all tired.

Jasper was lying in his bed thinking about the match, replaying in his mind his favourite parts. He couldn't wait for the next match, and he definitely couldn't wait for next year to try out for himself.

The Wizarding World had changed his life. He had been here for almost two months, and those had been the best months of his life. He didn't have to be scared that he was about to be yelled at or beaten for just making a simple mistake or just being there at the wrong time. He actually had friends at Hogwarts, and he enjoyed his classes, and liked the teachers. He was happy, and safe.

But that meant another thing.

His brothers weren't.

He needed to owl them tomorrow to see how they were, hopefully Toby wouldn't lie, he wouldn't right? Oh please, he definitely would, Jasper would himself if he was in his situation, it just wasn't fair that they all couldn't be here right now.

Hopefully all his brothers would end up being magical in the end, if they didn't...it would get complicated.

Right now he needed to try to research a spell that would be able to protect them by hopefully the winter holidays. He knew there were many types of defensive charms, but he barely knew any being only a first year.

Maybe he would ask Tutman for help?

His thoughts were interrupted once again by Harry falling off his bed.

Jasper sighed. Not again.