"My favorite girllll, wassup pretty?" Polo instantly greeted while Siyani smiled widely.

He reflected her smile showing himself with half of his hair in a ponytail, leaving the other side down. That was his signature hairstyle and it looked so good on him.

If nobody could put a smile on her face, Polo sure could. They had been friends since childhood, being at the same school since preschool.

Over the years, Polo saw himself as Siyani's knight in shining armor, not allowing anyone to mess with her in any type of way. He didn't play about her, whatsoever.

When they were sixteen and seventeen, they actually tried for a relationship that only lasted for about two weeks before they broke it off, not wanting to risk their valued friendship in any kind of way.

Siyani faithfully talked to Polo everyday and every night, sometimes in secret because Booka didn't like him at all. Still, Polo was one of her comfort people so she couldn't get rid of him.

"Hey Tremani, I miss you! You act like you don't love me anymore." She spoke with a fake but dramatic frown while she completely closed the salad container, going to put it back in the refrigerator.

"Shut the fuck up, I do love you. If you asked for the world right na', it'a be in yo hands two seconds lata'. You aight doe?"

Nodding her head, she walked over to the sink and propped her phone up against the marble counter so he could see what she was doing.

"I'm okay, what are you doing today?" She questioned, keeping her attention on the water flowing out of the faucet while she began to wash the fork.

He kept his eyes trained on her while she payed him no mind, drying the fork and putting it where it belonged. "Ion know, prolly slide to some block party. But aye, yo nigga ate yo pussy ta'day?"

Siyani's head moved back while her face scrunched up in confusion. She hated his vulgar vocabulary and he knew it. But he still caught her all the way off guard.

"No, why?" She hesitantly asked while leaning against the counter. She actually couldn't remember the last time he gave her head, let alone engaged in sexual activity with her. It didn't bother her too much though. She didn't even like sex.

"You look good, lemme do it for him."

Playfully rolling her eyes, she grabbed her phone with her finger hovering over the red button.

"Bye, Taurus, ima talk to you later." She laughed, hanging up on him after he said goodbye.

And just like that, she felt lonely again.

Walking up the steps of the house slowly, she took her time making it back into the bedroom where Booka was.

She had her own penthouse but most of the time she stayed at Booka's place because she hated being alone. It was like being alone was her number one fear.

Pushing open his room door slowly, she brought her bottom lip into her mouth when she saw him hang his phone up quickly.

Deciding to ignore what she saw, she hurriedly rummaged through his drawers that had her clothes in it, finding an outfit to wear.

She usually wore looser clothes, because she began to hate her body from Booka's constant words of degradation. Her vibe was sweat pants and hoodies most of the time. She would sometimes wear tight crop tops with sweatpants but that was rare.

Everyone else always told her that her body was perfect the way it was, but if Booka didn't like it, then she didn't either.

She decided to ignore the negative thoughts clouding her brain and wear something more revealing for her than usual.