That's what held her back.

"Lip gloss doesn't even have whale sperm in it, Loyal. They been said that wasn't true." She sighed, grabbing her phone from the nightstand.

Turning his phone to the left a little bit so she wouldn't see what he was doing, he slickly rolled his eyes at her. "Ion give ah' fuck if it had the magic touch innit. Don't put that shit on me."

"Okay, Booka."

Taking a series of deep breaths to prevent herself from getting emotional, she decided to call her friends, knowing they would get her out of the house. They always had somewhere to go.

She got off of the bed, slipping her feet in her furry Louis Vuitton slides. Ringing the group chat as she made her way out of the room, she continued to take those deep breaths until she made it to the kitchen.

The first person to join the call was Amari, making Siyani's mood instantly perk up.

"Hey-"

"Ian gon' lie ta' you, Yani. Yo friend busy right na'. Call back lata' foe." She heard her friend's on and off boyfriend pant from the other end of the phone, also hearing low moans in the background.

Her face dropped once he ended the call, with Jai'lynn joining the second before he left.

"That bitch is a liar, she said she was really done with him." Jai'lynn laughed loudly, patting her wig through the bonnet.

Siyani smacked her teeth, going into the refrigerator and grabbing a container of chicken salad along with ranch dressing. She also grabbed a fork out of the drawer, rinsing it off.

"You do the same thing, Jai. Don't be like that." Siyani smirked, sitting on the kitchen stool. She took the lid off of the plastic bowl, setting it to the side while she drizzled some ranch onto the mixture.

"It's so hard, hard to let goooo!" Jai'lynn sung horribly, laughing along with Siyani afterwards.

"Okay, Ms. Sullivan." She said while she stabbed the salad with her fork and put some in her mouth. She always opted to eat salad when she could since Booka told her that she would look ugly with more weight on her.

"Y'all better come up here and get one of these."

"What's that?" Jai'lynn questioned, biting on the tip of her acrylic nail.

Bending her pointer finger and bringing it to cover her mouth, she giggled a little bit. "It's a chicken salad."

"Goodnight, bitch!" Jai'lynn laughed while Siyani continued to eat the salad with a smile on her face. Her friends could boost her mood so quick and she loved them for that.

"No seriously, Yani. Watchu doin' later? Like inna hour?"

Siyani placed her fork down, reaching over to get a napkin to wipe her mouth with. "You gotta stop asking me that, you know I only be at work and home. I don't be having anything else to do."

"Girl, you right. Ima pick you up in forty minutes so we can go to this block party. The niggas finna be out so dress accordingly, hoe! Love you, mama!" Jai'lynn rushed with her face close to the camera so she could blow a kiss, leaving the group call directly after.

Siyani shook her head with a smile, starting to scroll down her facetime log again to call her boy bestfriend. And no, not a boy bestfriend who she secretly loved or got freaky with on the low. Just a regular guy friend.

Finding his name, she tapped on it and waited until he answered. In the meantime, she made faces in the screen, which only showed her face and the few buttons on top. She loved making faces before the call was answered. She even took it far enough to double tap her face once the call connected so she could stare at herself the whole time.