Untitled Part 3

I sighed heavily when I realized I had been lying in the bed for two hours and just could not fall asleep. I tried to unlock the window but was still too weak to undo the window locks causing me to growl in frustration. I knew Grayson's room was across from mine but I didn't want to ask him. I searched for the two adults but couldn't find either one leading to the result of me standing in front of Grayson's door. I was arguing with myself when he swung the door open startling me. His eyes widened in surprise then he smirked after taking in his over-sized shirt on my small frame.

"Eyes up here Grayson!" I commanded while circling my face. He chuckled while leaning against the door frame leading into his room.

"What do you want?"

"I need help. I wouldn't ask otherwise." I averted my eyes to anywhere but him. He was only wearing a pair of sweatpants.

"Help with what?" He whispered in my ear. I felt the heat creeping into my cheeks and automatically took a step back causing him to chuckle.

"I can't sleep. I tried to open the window but I couldn't." I blurted quickly. He shook his head as his eyes grew darker. "I'm not planning on running, Grayson. I just feel like I'm suffocating because I've been living outside for years now." He rubbed his thumb along his lower lip in thought then finally nodded towards me.

He walked into my room, making his way towards my window before easily getting the locks undone. As soon as I felt the breeze of the now opened window, I ran towards it. I stood on my tiptoes, leaning my hands against the windowsill so that I could gain as much access to the outside air as humanly possible. I heard a deep chuckle from behind me causing me to remember that Grayson was still standing in my room. I turned towards him while tugging the hem of the shirt back down. "Thank you. You can go now." I quickly stated while ushering him back out of the room.

"You're welcome." He muttered then proceeded back into his room, slamming the door. I scoffed and rolled my eyes while closing my own door.

I placed my pillows under the window and laid on them so that I could feel the night breeze. I watched as clouds crossed over the full moon. Slowly, I drifted off to sleep.

I woke up to rapid knocking on my door causing me to startle awake. "Seraphina. You've missed breakfast! You need to get up!" I groaned while stretching when Grayson flung the door open. He was looking at me, confusion drawing his eyebrows towards each other. "What is it with you and laying on the floor?"

I rolled my eyes at him, responding, "I'm used to sleeping on pavement in alleyways, Grayson." He shook his head. "Why do I have to be up right now?"

"You're supposed to be my partner for training. That's the deal. You help us with our night jobs and Bruce gives you a free room and food." I growled.

"Not like I get a say in anything." He shook his head in response to my comment. I stood up, stretching more resulting in his long shirt sliding up my thighs. "Whatever. I have no clothes to wear so I can't today. Sorry not sorry."

He smirked at me then threw a bag towards me. I easily caught it even in the sleepy state I was in. I looked at him with a raised brow. "Yes you do. Get dressed and meet me in the training room." I glared at him but he simply walked out of my room, closing the door behind him. I dumped the clothing items on the bed and found a sports bra, long sleeve shirt, and some leggings. After throwing them on, I tossed my hair up into a high ponytail.

After about twenty minutes I met him in the training room. He was wearing a pair of shorts and was already covered in sweat. I cleared my throat causing him to look towards my direction. "Nice of you to finally join." He smirked while running his fingers through his dampened hair. I rolled my eyes but decided not to respond by taking my bottom lip between my teeth. His eyes grew darker as I began quietly chewing on my lip.

"Choose an item." He pointed towards the table covered with escrima sticks. I shook my head and walked over towards the staffs suspended on the wall. He grinned while watching me but when I faced him, he was shaking his head with a scowl on his face.