jealelelelous

another morrijack request! in this oneshot they r not dating (yet) but we have a jealous jack so enjoy that!

--- 

Frank was back at it again with one of his legendary parties. The Silver Soiree, his latest pride and joy, was currently being hosted at the Hotel Deucalion.

Jack wore black dress pants with a white shirt and a silver bow tie. Other partygoers wore various colors of black, white, and gray, along with pops of lavender and sage green. Jupiter, of course, wore of all of these and more. He still rocked the outfit despite looking like he was fresh out of a Crayola factory. 

Jack held a glass of apple cider as he scanned the lobby for Morrigan. He spotted her chatting with Hawthorne, wearing an off-the-shoulder black dress. Rhinestones outlined her neckline and waistline. Silver flecks scattered in an ombré between the two outlines. They continued to disperse down to her skirt, which ended in black tulle just below her knees. She had a silver crow pin in her silky black hair, which was down to her shoulders in natural light waves, and wore a silver necklace around her neck. 

She looked so simple, but so beautiful. 

Soon the sound of a man clearing his throat snapped Jack out of his lovesick stare. He flushed from embarrassment and turned to the guy behind him. It was Charlie, who raised a single eyebrow at Jack and grinned. "Kinda hard to keep your eyes off your girlfriend, right?"

Jack shifted and felt his ears grow warm. "Er... she's not my girlfriend," he said awkwardly.

"Not with that attitude, boy. She's not your girlfriend yet." Charlie chuckled and glanced rather indiscreetly over to Martha, who was having a conversation with two guests. "Well, I see my date, you best go get yours, Jack," Charlie said, nodding to where Morrigan was almost bent over laughing at something Hawthorne said.

Jack felt something in twist in his stomach. "Yeah. Before someone else does." 

"What was that, Jack?" Charlie called after him as he walked away. 

"Nothing!" Jack replied. It didn't feel like nothing though. Watching Morrigan dance with Hawthorne made him feel uneasy. Despite the uplifting dance pop music and the pair's joking around, Jack couldn't help but get at least a tiny bit riled up at the way Hawthorne looked at Morrigan. 

It's silly. I'm being silly. They have a right to hang out with each other. They're just friends, after all. Just best friends. Who see each other every day. Who spend every waking minute with each other. Who people sometimes think are dating. Yeah, nothing to worry about.

Jack straightened his suit and approached the pair, who were debating on stealing brownies or double chocolate chunk cookies. 

"Hawthorne, I'm telling you, brownies are the way to go," Morrigan insisted. 

The taller boy shook his mop-haired head and grinned. "The cookies are nice and crispy though," Hawthorne claimed. He added in a dramatic whisper, "crispy, Morrigan. Crispy."

The shorter girl rolled her onyx eyes into heaven before resting them on Jack. She smiled at him and greeted him. 

She looked even more enchanting than she did from far away. Her dress clung to her torso and hips just right. It outlined her alluring body modestly, ending in a loose tulle skirt peppered with silver streaks. It was like looking at the fullest full moon. The brightest star. The hottest- oh, wait, that doesn't sound right. Either way, Jack was left stunned and out of breath. 

It clicked a few seconds later that Morrigan was saying something to him. He hoped that his ogling wasn't so obvious, although Hawthorne was eyeing him suspiciously.