Chapter 13 - The Eye of GENESIS

Depuis le début

_"Are you okay? You were restless in your sleep, like you were having a nightmare." Emily added.

He then thought back to what he had seen... was it a dream? No, it looked so real... Naaririel carrying him, this infinite ethereal space, this immense creature... He didn't understand, not remembering having lived these moments in his childhood...

_"I..." he groaned softly, rubbing his eyes to try to gather his wits a little from this unrestful sleep. "I don't really know...I don't think it was a nightmare or a dream, but...To be honest I couldn't even say what I saw."

Emily was even more concerned with what he was saying, having never seen him in such a moment of self-doubt. Thanks to the bond that united them, she could feel the doubt in his heart because coming to warn hers. Slowly, she came to rest her palm against Mr. Lordi's armor at his chest, as if to feel his heart beating. Immediately, she felt her pendant vibrate, as if resonating with something that concerned not only Mr. Lordi, but also her. More than strange, she thought without being able to guess what it was. The bond of their love had also vibrated and resonated, both of them had felt it clearly, looking at each other with the same gaze.

_"What... what was that?" sighed the young woman.

_"I don't know, or rather... yes... I forgot it, or someone made me forget it... We'll have to find out what it is... Naaririel... I'm sure she has the answer." answered Mr. Lordi just as confused as Emily was.

As everyone was immersed in their various thoughts, Ian's voice brought everyone back to the present moment.

_"We arrive."

Everyone then looked out of the shuttle's portholes, noticing a new landscape outside. They were currently flying over the ocean, but could see rock formations in the distance, but also a few floating icebergs. Curious, Emily turned to Ian.

_"But... where are we?" she asked.

_"In the Arctic Circle, and more precisely we are not so far from the North Pole anymore." answered the captain.

The Arctic? Emily was even more intrigued as she peered outside again. One of the SRDO men then gave her a thick coat so that she would cover herself and be protected from the stubborn cold when she got out of the shuttle. Ian and his men were already wearing suitable outfits and the monsters of Lapland meanwhile were not afraid of the cold.

Finally, in the middle of the ocean and the icebergs appeared a kind of large installation of very advanced appearance, like a landing platform. The cargo shuttle arrived and in an impeccable maneuver landed on the metal surface. Outside, several other men, from the SRDO but also from GENESIS were present, locked in polar outfits and some were even armed, seeming to guard the platform. The cargo bay opened and the group was finally able to step outside, the biting, icy air welcoming them. Ian and his men came out first, followed by Mr. Lordi and Emily holding hands, then Awa, Amen, Ox, Enary, Mana, Kita and G-Stealer. Immediately, a member of GENESIS came to meet everyone and spoke to Ian.

_"Captain Redfield. Mr. Jekyll want to see you and your friends"

_"It was precisely our intention." replied Ian.

Without wasting any time, the group was escorted to metal doors which opened automatically and let them enter a kind of large elevator which then began to descend along a wide tunnel which plunged several dozen meters below the surface of the Arctic Ocean. Emily almost thought she was in a science fiction story but remained focused on reality.

_"Ian. Tell me... who exactly is this Jekyll?" Mr. Lordi then asked.

_"As I told you, he's the founder and leader of the GENESIS organization, but he's also a great scholar of...well...monsters and their history."