Chapter 39 - End Of Hostilities

Start from the beginning

"I think everyone contributed to this success," I retorted with a smile.

My sister brought her face close to mine, as if trying to talk to me with some intimacy.

"I'm sorry for everything I put you through," she apologised, taking my hand. "I want you to know that you are my sister and always will be."

I saw my mom smile back, relieved that we were reconciled, and I placed a loving kiss on Bloom's forehead, holding no hard feelings.

I got up with her help and walked towards Kat, eager to meet her again.

"You don't know how pleased I am to see you again," she declared, before kissing my lips with fervour and love.

I held her close to my heart as our kiss grew more and more languid. She had taken her courage in both hands to come and find me, she was definitely my soul mate.

Our reunion was abruptly interrupted by my mom, who had received a message from Flora.

"Oh no! Ben is seriously injured, they need Beatrix, we have to go back to Alfea, he's in the dining hall!" she urged us, coming closer to Terra, worried.

Terra let out a frightened cry.

"Daddy! God, it's not true!" she cried in a muffled voice.

Rosalind woke up at that moment.

"It doesn't look like your dear Professor Harvey has much longer to go," she sneered. "Beatrix has been trained to be like an air fairy, not a witch."

My mom took a few steps towards her, her face impassive.

"You seem to be in no position to make that sort of remark."

"You don't know me, Rosalind, you don't know what I'm able to do, because I've never trusted you blindly," Beatrix added, glaring at her. "It's all over for you, you won't escape your fate."

The evil fairy smiled casually, as if she didn't care about her fate.

My mom signalled to Terra to untie the vines from the ground so that she could take her back to Alfea.

Thanks to our wings, we reached the castle more quickly; my mom had carried Saul while I had carried Kat, and Bloom had carried Rosalind with the help of Beatrix, who had used her levitation ability after electrocuting our enemy for the umpteenth time to keep her quiet.

Once we arrived, we made our way through the battlefield and the wounded to the storeroom next to the dining hall. Beatrix, my mom, Saul, Terra and Stella came into the room whereas Kat and my grandma returned to help our allies, leaving Aisha, Musa and me to watch Rosalind at the entrance to the storeroom.

"At last you're here!" exclaimed Flora, standing up in relief.

Beside Professor Harvey, the Queen was sobbing her heart out, holding his hand. Immediately, at the sight of her lifeless and pale dad, Terra rushed to him, while Stella was doing her best to bring some comfort to her mom.

"Dad!" screamed the earth fairy, running her fingers over his face in panic.

Her eyes, and those of our companions, fell on the massive bloody bandage covering his stomach.

"What happened?" my mom inquired, kneeling with Saul beside her friend.

"A-a witch ripped him open," the Queen stuttered, hiccupping.

"We've done our best to keep him alive and not in too much pain with a shot of morphine, but without a Blood Witch's intervention, he'll pass away," Flora explained.