Chapter I: High Rise Hell

"𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓬𝓲𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓸𝓰𝓷𝓮 𝓼𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓷𝔃𝓪, 𝓿𝓸𝓲 𝓬𝓱'𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮"

❝ ❞ ✧ ೃ༄

It happened instantly. Too fast for comfort.

One moment Taurus was walking home from school, the next she found herself on the rooftop of a building. There was nothing around her except similar high rise buildings.

"What the fuck...?"

She muttered to herself as she leaned over the railings to peer down from where she was. She couldn't remember when she got here. How she got here. Only that strange feeling in her chest telling her she wasn't meant to be here.

Over the buildings seemingly competing over which could be the highest, one was higher than the rest. 

It was a black tower that stood out. After all, all the rest of the buildings looked normal. buildings she'd seen before. but this one was unlike any architecture she had ever seen.

From where she was, she could peer down into the streets. There wasn't anyone walking - it looked deserted. It wasn't long before she noticed something strange - suspension bridges. They connected from one building's rooftop to another, as if it was meant to be a mode of passage.

But even Taurus knew that was stupid. Who would use suspension bridges? It seemed unsafe.

Nothing made sense, and she didn't have time to think it over before she sensed someone behind her.

"Finally! Someone! Can you tell me where I-" she stopped in the middle of her sentence when she finally turned around and looked at the man. He was wearing bloody clothes and was holding a butcher's knife. Straight out of a slasher film. What was even stranger was the smiling white mask on his face.

She took a step back, her legs uncontrollably shaking. She made no sense of the situation. Who was this man and what was this place? Before she could properly react, the man plunged at her. She rolled back, landing on her elbow and groaning. A stabbing pain could be felt from her impact against the concrete floor, but she had no time to acknowledge it.

With all the strength she could muster, Taurus ran and descended down the top floor. She didn't want to play tag with a crazed killer on the rooftop. She could hear the killer running after her, so she picked up the pace.

She was a pretty fast runner thanks to the fact she was the captain of her school's tennis team. But it was no time to reminisce - she had to get away somehow. There's gotta be stairs or an elevator that leads to the ground somewhere.

No stairs that lead downstairs.

Luckily, she found an elevator. She almost leapt towards it. However, her heart dropped when she noticed.

"The elevator..." she said breathlessly. "It doesn't work."

She could feel the masked killer closing in on her. With no choice, she went up to where she originally was - the rooftop. Still, she soon realized she was trapped. There was nowhere to go. No way in hell she'd take her chances with that suspension bridge, the killer could just cut the bridge.

Her back leaned against the sun-warmed railings, Taurus' heart beating out of her chest. This was the end. She was gonna die.

The killer was closer than ever, his bloodstained white mask seeding in primal fear within her. She looked over the ground once more. She smiled.

"I should just jump off and kill myself."

Bang!

Just then, she heard a gunshot. And before she could react, a bullet ripped into her chaser's head. And before long, he met the ground, bleeding from a gunshot wound on his head. Dead.